ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Interesting "stuff"

<< < (124/441) > >>

IainB:
@40hz: I found that video of Anna Maltese's which debunks misleading claims made by one Lars Andersen was rather interesting, if only because it showed the propensity of fakers to make the most outlandish claims and still apparently expect not to get caught out. I didn't bother watching the Lars Andersen video.
Sorry I don't have time to write more, but I am about to go out with a torch tonight to look for those fairies that I have been told one can see in the shrubbery at the back of our apartment block. So amazing, eh?    :o

Renegade:
Being a casual sport archer, I found the following video by Anna Maltese (archery instructor, bow-maker, tournament competitor, fire archery practitioner) rebutting some of Lars ("fastest archer on the planet") Andersen's recent postulations rather interesting:-40hz (February 09, 2015, 08:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

The original video was pretty fun! (I watched that first.)

The rebuttal, not so much -- she's basically just heckling a magician (did you really believe that the magician's wand was exhumed from an ancient tomb in 1837 after...). Perhaps she should have read the original video's description. Buddy mentions some of the things she takes issue with in her rebuttal. Reading all of it, and applying the principle of charity (a lost art today that I have recently rediscovered from my extensive historical readings!!! :P ), it seems that Lars is aiming at producing entertainment much like street entertainers and magicians have been doing for ages (complete with lots of embellishments), and not a historical documentary. But, that was just my read on it Lars -- perhaps I should have taken him much more seriously? :P ;D

wraith808:
Being a casual sport archer, I found the following video by Anna Maltese (archery instructor, bow-maker, tournament competitor, fire archery practitioner) rebutting some of Lars ("fastest archer on the planet") Andersen's recent postulations rather interesting:-40hz (February 09, 2015, 08:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

The original video was pretty fun! (I watched that first.)

The rebuttal, not so much -- she's basically just heckling a magician (did you really believe that the magician's wand was exhumed from an ancient tomb in 1837 after...). Perhaps she should have read the original video's description. Buddy mentions some of the things she takes issue with in her rebuttal. Reading all of it, and applying the principle of charity (a lost art today that I have recently rediscovered from my extensive historical readings!!! :P ), it seems that Lars is aiming at producing entertainment much like street entertainers and magicians have been doing for ages (complete with lots of embellishments), and not a historical documentary. But, that was just my read on it Lars -- perhaps I should have taken him much more seriously? :P ;D

-Renegade (February 10, 2015, 05:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

;D :Thmbsup:

IainB:
My 4 ½ y/o son just found this game, which he asked me to play with him - which I did.
WARNING: It's a potentially addictive time bandit: http://tangerinetycoon.com/

Arizona Hot:

Today I Am Releasing Ten Million Passwords

Is 123456 Really The Most Common Password?

Interesting "stuff"

Google hands out free Drive space for running quick security checklist

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version