ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Interesting "stuff"

<< < (75/441) > >>

Stoic Joker:
(Admittedly showing my age> I really don't see a need for having a bidirectional relationship with an appliance... I hit a button...it performs a function...we're good.

However I do agree with Haunter in the comments:This article should be best search assistant because that's all you talked about was using the search feature, phone assistant helps you do more than search, creating alarms, appointments/events, calling people, etc.-Haunter in the comments
--- End quote ---

They really could have done a better comparison of the RW functionality of the devices...instead of throwing the book at only one aspect of user interaction.

TaoPhoenix:

Man I really wish I could save the life of an eccentric millionaire or something and have chunks of money to spread into a ton of "mad science" projects! Inspired by Byte and his "my scale has a HyperTerminal connection and stuff" thread elsewhere, I got to thinking - there's a level of "hacker minimax' where if I could give some bucks to 1000 people, you could do crazy things from computer enabled 2 foot diameter Moslem clocks to DayQuil bottles that can record your observations about your cough!

I'm blinded by science!
;D

Renegade:
Man I really wish I could save the life of an eccentric millionaire or something and have chunks of money to spread into a ton of "mad science" projects! Inspired by Byte and his "my scale has a HyperTerminal connection and stuff" thread elsewhere, I got to thinking - there's a level of "hacker minimax' where if I could give some bucks to 1000 people, you could do crazy things from computer enabled 2 foot diameter Moslem clocks to DayQuil bottles that can record your observations about your cough!

I'm blinded by science!
;D
-TaoPhoenix (October 10, 2014, 07:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh... if only... I would love to have the resources to pursue some things...

This fellow seems to be on to some pretty cool stuff:

Now THAT is seriously cool!  8) I would love to see that stuff become commercialized.

Buddy's Wikipedia article is complete garbage as it make no real mention of that cool stuff. (Gee... go figure... WP is just crap.)

Shades:
@Renegade:
If you are into this stuff...and/or similar devices, you should check: http://www.free-energy-info.tuks.nl

If you visit...you are transported back to the late nineties. The layout is from those times, even the hosting feels the same. Slightly better than the GeoCities era of the internet. Doesn't necessarily mean the quality of the content is bad.

Renegade:
@Renegade:
If you are into this stuff...and/or similar devices, you should check: http://www.free-energy-info.tuks.nl

If you visit...you are transported back to the late nineties. The layout is from those times, even the hosting feels the same. Slightly better than the GeoCities era of the internet. Doesn't necessarily mean the quality of the content is bad.
-Shades (October 12, 2014, 01:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

He's actually got quite a few domain names for it. I've checked them out briefly, but should probably check more.

God only knows if these guys are on to something, but if they are, they're on to the most important discovery in human history.

I've seen tonnes of these kinds of videos, but those above really were intriguing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version