ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Interesting "stuff"

<< < (23/441) > >>

IainB:
@TaoPhoenix: About that "“you wouldn’t download a car,”, reminds me of:
(Copied below sans embedded hyperlinks/images.)
Weird Al Yankovic Wiki - "Don't Download This Song"

"Don't Download This Song" is the first single from "Weird Al" Yankovic's 12th studio album Straight Outta Lynwood. The song was released exclusively on August 21, 2006 as a digital download. It is a style parody of "We Are the World", "Hands Across America", "Heal the World" and other similar charity songs. The song "describes the perils of online music file-sharing" in a tongue-in-cheek manner.[1] To further the sarcasm, the song is freely available for streaming and download (legally) in "DRM-free" MPEG fileformat at Weird Al's MySpace page, as well as his Youtube channel...

...On MTV's MTV Music site where this music video is available, they have censored the names of the file sharing programs in the song, such as Limewire or KaZaA.[6] Weird Al explained that MTV contacted him and told him they would not air his video if the references to the filesharing programs were not in some way removed, so he "made the creative decision to bleep them out as obnoxiously as possible, so that there would be no mistake I was being censored."[7]

--- End quote ---

tomos:
--- End quote ---

funny, the video doesnt seem to be available on YT (I didnt waste too much time on it, but presumed the og version would be on first search page). Wonder if there's a story behind that...

Video here on myspace:
http://myspace.com/weirdal/video/don-t-download-this-song/60113761

Arizona Hot:
--- End quote ---

funny, the video doesnt seem to be available on YT (I didnt waste too much time on it, but presumed the og version would be on first search page). Wonder if there's a story behind that...
-tomos (December 19, 2013, 03:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

Actually it is...

Arizona Hot:

Climate models turn the weather in Tolkien's 'Hobbit' into science

Anyone here interested in a science paper from Middle Earth?

The Climate of Middle Earth in Elvish

The Climate of Middle Earth - English

tomos:
Actually it is...
-Arizona Hot (December 19, 2013, 06:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks Arizona :up:

Odd though the way it doesnt show up here on page one of a YT search for "Weird Al Yankovic Don't Download This Song"
Oh yeah, btw/ironically:
Spoiler

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version