ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Interesting "stuff"

<< < (137/441) > >>

Arizona Hot:
Interesting "stuff"

Nostalgia alert Microsoft rebuilds original 1994 home page - CNET

Interesting "stuff"

This is what Apple's website looked like in 1998 - CNET

Arizona Hot:

Hide and Seek

Interesting "stuff"            Interesting "stuff"             Interesting "stuff"

Reader weather photos

Arizona Hot:

Crapware: Why manufacturers install it, what you can do about it, and why it's not going to go away  ZDNet

Lenovo promises to stop bundling crapware on PCs  ZDNet

Renegade:
This should be interesting to watch:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/large-hadron-collider/11489442/Big-Bang-theory-could-be-debunked-by-Large-Hadron-Collider.html

Big Bang theory could be debunked by Large Hadron Collider

Scientists at Cern could prove the controversial theory of ‘rainbow gravity’ which suggests that the universe stretches back into time infinitely, with no Big Bang

The theory of Rainbow Gravity may prove that the Big Bang could not have happened

The detection of miniature black holes by the Large Hadron Collider could prove the existence of parallel universes and show that the Big Bang did not happen, scientists believe.

The particle accelerator, which will be restarted this week, has already found the Higgs boson – the God Particle – which is thought to give mass to other particles.

Now scientists at Cern in Switzerland believe they might find miniature black holes which would reveal the existence of a parallel universe.

And if the holes are found at a certain energy, it could prove the controversial theory of ‘rainbow gravity’ which suggests that the universe stretches back into time infinitely with no singular point where it started, and no Big Bang.
--- End quote ---

More at the link. (via)

I think one of the things that I truly love about science, is that it constantly changes our understanding of the universe, and disproves past theories, and illustrates a new reality, and I really love being a smug ****ing skeptic and laughing while I see the religio-political science worshippers' beliefs destroyed in a flash. I do get enormous joy out of that. (I'm kind of conflicted that I'm such a sadist at times. :P ) The pisser is that it takes people a very long time to catch up with the evidence and what new bits of reality science has actually shown to us. But, that just drags out my laughter as well, so - take the good with the bad. :P 8)

Shaudenfreud? Is that the word?

tomos:
^ almost: Schadenfreude :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version