ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Interesting "stuff"

<< < (211/441) > >>

Arizona Hot:

Back To The Future In ACTUAL 2015 - YouTube

16 Terrible Movie Accents We All Let Slide - YouTube

After Hours - The Terrifying Truth About Doc Brown - HAPPY BACK TO THE FUTURE DAY! - YouTube

Shades:
People hopefully know that you can throw out certificates you don't like/need/want (if you have admin access).

As admin or 'rub as admin', open the start menu or Alt-R. Then, in the 'Run' window type: mmc

You will get a new window that allows you to create a link to certain administrative part you would like to have easy access to.
In that window you can select the certificate manager.

Select that and enable access to System and User sections of the cert manager.

After that another window will open showing you all the certificate stores from both the user account and system itself. A root certificate is usually found in the 'root certificate' store and/or 'intermediate root certificate' store. Once found, it is simply select and delete. This has immediate effect, but if you feel better doing a reboot.

However, in general you should be wary removing any type of certificate, as they can have serious consequences for your general computing experience.

But if by any chance you lose the ability to use (some) software that came with your Dell customer PC, don't fret and look for alternatives. You'll be better off in the long run anyway. For Dell servers it is more problematic. Then again, professionals use those and they already know the above and should be able to work around this problem anyway (in case they depend on (some) Dell software to run the server).

I must add that I like/setup my Windows and Linux servers to be as "bare" as possible (regarding software). Heck, I don't mind removing case plates on all sides if I think that serves me better. Now I do understand that this mindset belongs to a tiny minority that wants function over form. And I am proud to belong  :Thmbsup:  (hence you won't ever see me own any Apple device that puts form over function)

Arizona Hot:

After Hours - 14 Super Powers That Every Movie Character Apparently Has - YouTube

After Hours - 5 Evil Organizations We Wouldn't Mind Joining (in Movies) - YouTube

After Hours - 6 Weirdly Conservative Messages Hidden in 'Ghostbusters' - YouTube

Arizona Hot:
Interesting "stuff"

12 things in Fallout 4 they don't tell you – but you really need to know

Fallout 4 the first 10 things to do in the apocalyptic wasteland

Interesting "stuff"

A second dangerous Dell root certificate discovered  Computerworld

Arizona Hot:
Interesting "stuff"

Walmart's $9 Android smartphone is a fantastic pile of junk

Interesting "stuff"

Beyond Turducken The Top 10 Multi-Bird Roasts - Reviewed.com

If you're the kind of person who got the phone above, this is something you would want.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version