ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

My Gadget Idea: "Timestamper Disc"

<< < (4/6) > >>

MilesAhead:
@mouser - you were trolling all along then, weren't you? :)
-apankrat (August 20, 2013, 01:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

That would be cheating.  :)

Renegade:
i suppose the really low tech solution would be.. plain white round stickers you could write on.

when you think about it.. kind of obvious solution that would work pretty well isn't it..

sigh, sometimes you have to step back and ask yourself, are we just inventing gadgets for the sake of creating high-tech inferior solutions that are different just because we want something new and fancy, when the low-tech solution is clearly better?
-mouser (August 20, 2013, 01:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not necessarily. It could have excellent commercial applications for things that have to get done periodically and that would benefit from a "paper trail" with time stamps. Problem there is that you're unlikely to get regular people to fund something like that. :(

Edvard:
Very interesting idea.  I REALLY like the round form factor, so it really is like a button.  In fact, make the whole face pressure-sensitive so no need for a smaller button... Fitts' Law and all that...
It should also be as thin as possible, and since we now have the technology for super-thin flexible batteries, it should be doable down to the thickness of a coin.
As Renegade pointed out, the most difficult hurdle financially would be the round form factor.  It would be harder to do and use more material per item, thus cost more to manufacture, BUT as with many new ideas, the first ones out the door can open floodgates... 

I'm also in agreement that the most practical application of this idea may be to print some sort of round bar code (like ShotCode)on a sticker that would interface with an app on your phone, and put it in places you want reminders for.  They could also be printed or stuck on kitchen-magnet material or vinyl clings, things like that.  All you'd need is a printer, some label stock and the phone app, and with phones as ubiquitous as they are now, it's not as inconvenient as you may think.

Great idea Mouser, I suggest you patent it ASAP.  :Thmbsup:

Renegade:
Great idea Mouser, I suggest you patent it ASAP.  :Thmbsup:-Edvard (August 20, 2013, 08:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

YES! Then go trolling with an overly-broad interpretation of the patent and all of a sudden you no longer need Kickstarter~! ;D

Edvard:
Great idea Mouser, I suggest you patent it ASAP.  :Thmbsup:-Edvard (August 20, 2013, 08:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

YES! Then go trolling with an overly-broad interpretation of the patent and all of a sudden you no longer need Kickstarter~! ;D
-Renegade (August 20, 2013, 09:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nah, I believe that as long as you use a patent like patents were intended to be used, it's a good thing.  Too bad the system was gamed long ago...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version