topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 5:24 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: web hosting  (Read 3799 times)

Hellie

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
web hosting
« on: May 13, 2006, 10:23 AM »
I need to set up several websites for my family-I have never done it before!! As I need to do multiple domains I am looking a resellers hosting packages. I have found 2 that seem to have everything I want including scripts www.lunarpages.com and www.dream-hosting.co.uk. I am favouring www.lunarpages.com as it seems to have extensive support.

Does anyone have any experience of these web hosting companies?? Or any other hosting services??

I am setting a website for NHS patients in the UK purely as a free service to patients to provide information on patient confidentiality.

If anyone would like to comment on the website for example layout, content, how easy it is to understand please feel free to PM me.  I need to set up very quickly as I want it to coincide with Sir Trevor MacDonalds "Tonight" programme that will be broadcast on the 22nd May. 

Helen     

urlwolf

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: web hosting
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 11:30 AM »
HI Helen,

Dreamhost.com is very good. Another highly recommended one is hostgator.com.
I don't know anything about the ones you mentioned.

Good luck,

Veign

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Veign - Where design meets development
    • Donate to Member
Re: web hosting
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2006, 12:12 PM »
Before purchasing any hosting search Web Hosting Talk and see what people are saying.  WHT is the best forum for this type of thing.

Personal experience is to stay far away from any company using Web Hosting Plus and any company they own (like Dr2, Mesopia, NetBunch).  These guys provide some of the worst texh support around).  I will be generating a detailed blog about what they do once I can get all my domains moved.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 12:31 PM by Veign »