ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > General Review Discussion

Opinions on remote PC control software

<< < (3/10) > >>

Josh:
Please dont forget microsoft windows remote desktop. Its faster than most of the solutions I've tried (radmin used to be my choice until I moved to RDP) and it even supports copy-paste from remote host (to include files), so you can copy text from a clipboard on remote pc and have it stored in your clipboard on your controlling pc. If you do a review, please, include remote desktop as I feel it is the best solution (included with Windows XP Pro or Media Center) and is an integral part of any remote control review.

quantumrider:
I second the thought to include remote desktop, I use it all the time.

Also, any chance to have a second part for this review to go over remote backup options for things like 2003 server and IIS and such? Including maybe some of the more reliable and trustworthy backup services out there?

Josh:
I would think that data backup services should be a separate review. Remote control and remote backup are two totally separate categories and require totally different functionality.

mouser:
i agree with josh, remote backup is really a whole different ballgame and shouldnt be part of *this* review.

JavaJones:
For freeware solutions (and that's all I use in this field) UltraVNC seems to be pretty awesome. If you can include extra features, such as Ultra's facility for making a customized mini-server that you can distributed to your clients, that would be great. Ultra does have instructions on the site for getting around tricky firewalls, NAT's, etc. btw.

There's also Fog Creek's Copilot, which is similar to GoToMyPC but is differentiated by its interesting service/payment model. https://www.copilot.com/

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version