ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > General Review Discussion

Opinions on remote PC control software

<< < (2/10) > >>

KenR:
Here are all the programs previously mentioned, ordered with their websites. Now I just have to start acutally reviewing them. :o
KPR

Access Remote PC (www.access-remote-pc.com)
Anyplace Control (www.anyplace-control.com)
Beyond Remote (www.dataapples.com)
COOL Remote Control (www.yaosoft.com)
DameWare Mini Remote Control (www.dameware.com)
Danware NetOp (www.netop.com/netop-1.htm)
Desktop Rover (www.neslosoftware.com)
eMando Remote Control (www.emando.net)
EMCO Remote Desktop Professional (www.emco.is)
GoToMyPC (www.gotomypc.com)
Im InTouch (www.globalpcnetwork.com)
LogMeIn (www.logmein.com)
LogMeIn Free (www.3amlabs.com)
NetSupport Manager (www.netsupportsoftware.com)
Remotely AnyWhere (www.remotelyanywhere.com)
Remove Administrator (www.famatech.com)
Remote Administrator (www.radmin.com)
Remote Explorer (www.remoteexplorer.com)
Remote Support System (www.remotesuportsystem.com)
Simple Desktop (www.moogsoftware.com)
Tight VNC (www.tightvnc.com)
UltraVNC (www.ultravnc.sourceforge.net)
VNC (www.realvnc.com)

Edit by brotherS: I added "www." a few more times to make all the URLs clickable

mouser:
May 15, 2006
Famatech has announced the beta release of the completely re-designed Radmin 3.0. The new release is the fastest and most affordable remote control solution available on the U.S. market - complete with extremely rapid screen updates, military-grade security as well as newly added multi-user text and voice chat tools.

http://www.radmin.com/

taichimaster:
Just to add to the list...We use funk proxy remote control at work.   Nothing really special about the software but it just works.

http://www.juniper.net/products/aaa/proxy.html

At home, I just use RDP :p

Rover:
RE RAdmin

There are a lot of things I like about it.  It lets you do file xfer.  You can screencast your screen to someone.  I feel pretty safe about it being secure.  However, I don't like that you have to set up (yet aother) a hole in your firewall and port forwarding.  I also am not thrilled about the whole client install thing for a quick remote control session.  I liked it enough, I signed up as a reseller. 

I had RAdmin installed for a long time and used it successfully.  When I rebuilt my box last year, it didn't make it back on.  VNC has sort of taken it's place.  (Although VNC cannot xfer files)

I think I'd really like something like Gotomypc, but I'm not willing to pay those guys $20/month for it.  The benefits of GOTOMYPC being:  1) No firewall  2) No client setup 3) no domain name issues.

$0.02

ljbirns:
I use real vnc  > http://www.realvnc.com/

I tried Ultra VNC which is free but I could not make it work.  Real VNC has extensive documentation and when I e-mailed them for help they responded very quickly (  they are in GB so a 5 hour time diff ) several times and helped me  to configure .
$ 30.00  and it works.

Lew

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version