ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Programming/Coder humor

<< < (33/41) > >>

anandcoral:
FART: Find And Replace Text http://fart-it.sourceforge.net/

I thought the developer missed the meaning of the initials but no, see his/her website  ;D

Regards,

Anand

app103:
One day, I swallowed my pride and set it to play at Level Zero; and wonder of wonders, I actually began to make winning moves, until; it cheated. True story! Playing it at Level Zero, it lost it's Queen, and as I was about to move in for the kill, it gave itself another Queen, as a freebie. And it's new Queen didn't appear on any of the squares where Pawns normally change into Queens; it's new Queen appeared in a 'winning position' somewhere in the middle of the board. 'I felt the earth move under my feet', as the song goes. I was mentally staggered by the implications. GIGO was toast! The computer cheated on Level Zero! Even to think back on it; I'm not sure I ever completely calmed down, even to this day. A - computer - cheated; at chess. Somewhere within my Boris 2.5 was a hideous cyber-monster. True story. It finally wore out and quit working. Actually, looking back on it, I can see an element of 'humor' in it, if I put myself in the position of laughing--at myself, combined with a 'wake-up' groan, as in 'Welcome to the real world, you pathetic nerd'. :)
-holt (April 20, 2017, 07:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

As my dad likes to say, "Computers are polymorphically perverse."  :D

holt:
One day, I swallowed my pride and set it to play at Level Zero; and wonder of wonders, I actually began to make winning moves, until; it cheated. True story! Playing it at Level Zero, it lost it's Queen, and as I was about to move in for the kill, it gave itself another Queen, as a freebie. And it's new Queen didn't appear on any of the squares where Pawns normally change into Queens; it's new Queen appeared in a 'winning position' somewhere in the middle of the board. 'I felt the earth move under my feet', as the song goes. I was mentally staggered by the implications. GIGO was toast! The computer cheated on Level Zero! Even to think back on it; I'm not sure I ever completely calmed down, even to this day. A - computer - cheated; at chess. Somewhere within my Boris 2.5 was a hideous cyber-monster. True story. It finally wore out and quit working. Actually, looking back on it, I can see an element of 'humor' in it, if I put myself in the position of laughing--at myself, combined with a 'wake-up' groan, as in 'Welcome to the real world, you pathetic nerd'. :)
-holt (April 20, 2017, 07:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

As my dad likes to say, "Computers are polymorphically perverse."  :D
-app103 (April 25, 2017, 10:05 PM)
--- End quote ---
^Yes. Or, as Claire Danes remarks ruefully in the beginning of 'Terminator 3', "Machines."  :D

Shivering little mouse saved from drowning after accidentally falling into man's aquarium.

Training Time with Matilda, cute little mouse.

Baby Mouse Daycare.

app103:
Programming/Coder humor

Deozaan:
:o

:huh:

:-\

:P

There's a copypasta error on line 31. And it looks like some things are never used, such as the monkey enum on line 24 and the strawberry struct from line 32. :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version