ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Programming/Coder humor

<< < (13/41) > >>

MilesAhead:
This is my favorite bit of prank code.  On non-microchannel machines running OS/2 you could hang the machine using debug in a Dos window to create this program.

cli
jmp $

I think they finally virtualized the Dos interrupt flags in OS/2 2.1 which eliminated the hang.  On microchannel a non maskable interrupt would fire after so many milliseconds if the interrupt flag was not reset.

-MilesAhead (November 17, 2014, 05:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

I know it's old and retro, but I think I remember from one summer camp (maybe?? heh!   ) That you wreck the hardware of a BBC Micro with some bunch of commands that could even start a fire!

-TaoPhoenix (November 17, 2014, 10:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's taking it a bit far.  Also it would put the lie to the adage "you can't hurt hardware with software."  But there's exceptions that prove the rule I guess.  :)

I seem to remember another one that put jagged lines on the screen in full screen mode with sound effects that made you feel the monitor glass was shattering.

MilesAhead:
void ReadTomorrowsNews()
{
    Sleep(24*60*60*1000);
    ShellExecute("http://www.nyt.com");
}

TaoPhoenix:
^  :Thmbsup:

That belongs in the code humour thread!
-Renegade (November 18, 2014, 01:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

MilesAhead:
^

Renegade:
This entire thread:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/234075/what-is-your-best-programmer-joke

I'll post a few.

Q: How do you tell an introverted computer scientist from an extroverted computer scientist?

A: An extroverted computer scientist looks at your shoes when he talks to you.
--- End quote ---

A SQL query goes into a bar, walks up to two tables and asks, "Can I join you?"

Q: how many programmers does it take to change a light bulb?

A: none, that's a hardware problem

Jesus and Satan have an argument as to who is the better programmer. This goes on for a few hours until they come to an agreement to hold a contest with God as the judge. They set themselves before their computers and begin. They type furiously, lines of code streaming up the screen, for several hours straight.

Seconds before the end of the competition, a bolt of lightning strikes, taking out the electricity. Moments later, the power is restored, and God announces that the contest is over. He asks Satan to show his work. Visibly upset, Satan cries and says, “I have nothing. I lost it all when the power went out.”

“Very well,” says God, “let us see if Jesus has fared any better.”

Jesus presses a key, and the screen comes to life in vivid display, the voices of an angelic choir pour forth from the speakers.

Satan is astonished. He stutters, “B-b-but how?! I lost everything, yet Jesus’ program is intact! How did he do it?”

God chuckles, “Everybody knows… Jesus saves.”

Command line Russian roulette

--- Code: Text ---[ $[ $RANDOM % 6 ] == 0 ] && rm -rf / || echo *Click*

There are 16 pages of jokes.

You're welcome for me ruining your productivity today. ;) ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version