ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Elon Musk's Hyperloop details to be unveiled today

(1/2) > >>

kyrathaba:

High-Speed Transportation That's Twice As Fast As An Airplane, Cheaper Than A Bullet Train, And Completely Self-Powered...

--- End quote ---

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-to-unveil-hyperloop-design-2013-8#ixzz2bm2bAFq5

Perry Mowbray:
Yes: when I first learned some years ago of Google's support of the Shweeb (Seen operating here in New Zealand) I thought there had to be better (ie faster) ways of moving... but this sounds quite different.

Renegade:
High-Speed Transportation That's Twice As Fast As An Airplane, Cheaper Than A Bullet Train, And Completely Self-Powered...

--- End quote ---
-kyrathaba (August 12, 2013, 11:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hmmm... I'm curious... "self-powered"? I hope that doesn't mean what Shweeb means...

Yes: when I first learned some years ago of Google's support of the Shweeb (Seen operating here in New Zealand) I thought there had to be better (ie faster) ways of moving... but this sounds quite different.
-Perry Mowbray (August 12, 2013, 10:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

Doesn't seem practical. Granny sure as heck ain't gonna like that. It excludes large swaths of the population.

Perry Mowbray:

-Perry Mowbray (August 12, 2013, 10:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

Doesn't seem practical. Granny sure as heck ain't gonna like that. It excludes large swaths of the population.

-Renegade (August 12, 2013, 10:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

Apparently the shweeb takes less energy than walking, and if you've got someone to push you along it takes no energy at all to the pushee and no increase to the pusher  :)

Renegade:
^^ Does Shweeb use maglev or permanent magnets? I couldn't tell from the site.

I'm also a bit curious if impatient people behind can help people in front to speed up, e.g. help push along, etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version