ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Edward Snowden's Email Provider Shut Down Rather Than Comply With Feds

<< < (3/9) > >>

wraith808:
Revolution does not have to mean war. But it always means standing up to the government and saying no.

In the words of Thomas Jefferson, "I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical."
-Vurbal (August 08, 2013, 11:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

And I add a warning from the past:

Renegade:
Revolution does not have to mean war. But it always means standing up to the government and saying no.

In the words of Thomas Jefferson, "I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical."
-Vurbal (August 08, 2013, 11:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

And I add a warning from the past:

-wraith808 (August 09, 2013, 10:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

I love how he opens.

However, this:

The United States, as the world knows, will never start a war.
--- End quote ---

He couldn't have been more wrong. The question then is who and why?

40hz:
This is no longer a matter of whether it's not the United States I and millions of others used to know.  This is no longer the United States of America as defined by it's founding documents, period.
-Edvard (August 08, 2013, 11:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes. Isn't it amazing that fewer than 1 in 100 Americans realizes that the U.S. government has been overthrown - not by the communists, or Al Qaeda, or anyone else we've been repeatedly warned about - but by some self-proclaimed "patriots" with the U.S. government itself.

There's a term for what's happened in the United States. But say it softly. Because coup d'état is a foreign term for something that's only supposed to happen in foreign places. Not here.
 :(

40hz:
However, this:

The United States, as the world knows, will never start a war.
--- End quote ---

He couldn't have been more wrong. The question then is who and why?
-Renegade (August 09, 2013, 11:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't think he was wrong. If anything, he was prescient.

Because the version of the United States we're living in right now is a country nobody knows.

Us included.

40hz:
Sigh... Be careful what you wish for... You just may get it...  :'(
-Renegade (August 09, 2013, 10:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah? Well...considering how much I've been getting of everything I haven't wished for, I'll take my chances... :P ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version