ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Edward Snowden's Email Provider Shut Down Rather Than Comply With Feds

<< < (9/9)

Renegade:
Many of us managed for years without email...

Simple solution: 

*  Toss out your PC

*  Go and buy a quill

Happy days are here again.  ;)-esoito (August 28, 2013, 11:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hmmm... The nerve damage in my thumb is saying "no thanks - hitting the space bar is easier". :)

I do remember those days, but not so much the quill. ;)

4wd:
Just started reading a new book, (fiction), in which a method was stated to avoid having your email read, without having to encrypt it, (they used simple word code in the book).

Both parties use the same email account and only write drafts, ie.

Person A writes a draft and saves it.
Person B reads, deletes, and writes a new one.
Person A reads, deletes, etc, etc.

No email is actually sent between servers.

Interesting idea, don't know how feasible it would be, (barring unauthorised remote access to the email server).

Renegade:
Just started reading a new book, (fiction), in which a method was stated to avoid having your email read, without having to encrypt it, (they used simple word code in the book).

Both parties use the same email account and only write drafts, ie.

Person A writes a draft and saves it.
Person B reads, deletes, and writes a new one.
Person A reads, deletes, etc, etc.

No email is actually sent between servers.

Interesting idea, don't know how feasible it would be, (barring unauthorised remote access to the email server).
-4wd (August 29, 2013, 12:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

That method has been used in real life. I know a fellow who set up systems for the Hell's Angels years ago, and that was one of the things he taught people to do.

For it to work, you need to control the email server/web server, etc. You can't really do that with Gmail or Hotmail.

Another obvious problem is that you need a specific account for every contact. e.g. [email protected], [email protected], etc.

Stoic Joker:
I like the idea of hiding things in plain sight. Like having two women on Facebook having an ongoing pissing contest over their children's minor scholastic achievements...that should bore the hell out of anyone in no time flat. However if each child and achievement is actually a weighted reference to something else, well... (slang is such a funny thing) it all becomes a matter of what's not said.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version