ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

orbit downloader 1.0-the fastest free download manager.

<< < (9/9)

Zero3K:
Nope, it can't be used to download files from the BitTorrent network.

barshon:
 :D

Zero3K:
What? I don't get it...

ppass:
It is my duty to revive this old topic. CAUTION!!! STAY AWAY FROM ORBIT DOWNLOADER.

As posted in another thread, when my trial version of NetTransport expired about 6 months ago, I looked for free alternatives. Orbit Downloader was the Download Manager that came forward, and seemed to do the job in the first days. Why pay for something when I can get something similar for free? or so I thought.

After a few weeks, I could not control Orbit Downloader. Every link I clicked in my browser opened an Orbit pop up and a few seconds later, my entire ADSL connection was down. I regularly got choppy phone calls with my IP phone, my ADSL line went down at random intervals. This was a nightmare.

I even had a technician from my ISP company come into my house and trouble shoot my internet connection for 3 hours. He could not find anything wrong with the connection. The fact is that Orbit Downloaded was launching DoS attacks from my laptop and my ADSL router shut itself down in protection.

I then removed Orbit Downloader, tried to clean as much of the registry as possible. I still get intermitted ADSL cuts which might still be caused by some infection I got from Orbit, who knows?

The best decision I made was to purchase NetTransport. I am not a big fan of spending money on software, but this is one of the 2 pieces of software that I actually bought (Microsoft Windows / Office apart). The other one is SpaceMonger, a fantastic visualizer of the files on my hard drive.

Removing Orbit Downloader and purchasing NetTransport has been worth every penny of my $29.95 investment.

tomos:
As posted in another thread,
-ppass (August 29, 2013, 08:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

Download management software Orbit Downloader may have malicious code/intentions
just for the record :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version