ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Anti-Tracking Smartphone Pouch

<< < (3/7) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
"Free speech" doesn't mean that you can't say whatever you want... you can... just as long as we know who you are, where you are, and what you're saying... -Renegade (August 07, 2013, 09:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

That pretty much sums it up....   :mad:
-Tinman57 (August 08, 2013, 08:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

In that vein, there was a particularly (and prob accidentally) unsubtle error message I got today.

"In order to use Yahoo mail, turn Private Browsing off in Safari".

I'll deliver that one straight-face and let y'all do the antics!

Renegade:
In that vein, there was a particularly (and prob accidentally) unsubtle error message I got today.

"In order to use Yahoo mail, turn Private Browsing off in Safari".

I'll deliver that one straight-face and let y'all do the antics!-TaoPhoenix (August 08, 2013, 08:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

:'(  :o Speechless.

4wd:
Not very forward thinking of the designers, they should have covered the 7xx MHz frequencies also.

40hz:
Nice to see somebody else going along with my earlier comment that this isn't a tech issue were dealing with - it's a people problem.  (Even if I would never use such a horrible made-up word like 'solutionism.') ;D

From Jatan Sadowski over at Wired:

...Because there are two separate — yet often entangled — ideologies in our discourse about the surveillance state: The first is the individualistic conception of cyber-hygiene: how you should behave to secure your own communications, protect your own data, and avoid your own tracking. The second is the notion of tech-centric solutionism (a term popularized by Evgeny Morozov): what tech hack, device, or app can I turn to for a quick fix to my privacy troubles?

The problem is that focusing on one or both of these approaches distracts from the much-needed political reform and societal pushback necessary to dig up a surveillance state at its root...
--- End quote ---

8)

Stoic Joker:
Well if "Nothing to hide" is their justification for this crap...I think we should get a few million people together and show up at the Whitehouse completely naked.

We put all the 300+ pounders we can find in the front rows ... And carry signs that say we'll get dressed when you stop being so F'ing nosey!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version