ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Where/how do you mostly watch movies/videos?

(1/3) > >>

Renegade:
A couple movie/film threads are quite active, so I figure this might be an interesting poll.

Me? On a computer.

nosh:
MacMini (running Plex) -> HDMI -> TV
iPad (Airplay) -> MacMini (AirServer) -> HDMI -> TV
iPad
I only watch the news and live sports broadcasts these days.

40hz:
My order of preference:

On DVD or media server to a TV screen
On Netflix via a Roku box to a TV screen
On a standard PC from a locally hosted file
On a standard PC via stream

Reasons:

1. My eyesight isn't all that great, so the bigger the screen, the better AFAIC.
2. I prefer watching a movie using the same aspect ratio it was filmed in. (see #1 above)

8)

4wd:
Since my preferred movie genres are completely opposite my partner's - I watch it on the computer while doing other things.

But for the really rare one that we both enjoy: WDTV Live -> 68cm Sony Trinitron

allen:
I'm not sure how to answer this, precisely -- is Roku "DVD Etc." or is it computer?

I watch most stuff on my TV; I watch a few shows live (I pay 10 bucks a month and get all the major local networks; ideally bunny ears should be able to do this but only 1 channel is OTA here).

I watch most shows/movies  via streaming through my Roku, but there are a handful of shows I'm unwilling to wait 6 months to watch that I otherwise coerce to my screen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version