ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

group alias bug #2

(1/1)

perlguy:
Took me a while to pin this one down.  Try this alias, and notice the effect of simply having a "." in the description. 

1000>>>eh>->Edit hosts | notepad.exe c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts>n>Edit hosts. | notepad.exe c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

I'm guessing it's a bug, but could be a feature I just don't know about.  First one works find. Second one shows up very oddly in search results (Name col has "hosts", and Location has "etc\"), and doesn't actually do anything when selected.

I was creating an alias to shortcut to the config files I edit frequently, which tripped this bug, since I was putting the filename with extension in the description.  For now, I'm just omitting periods from the description to get it to work.

lanux128:
aye perlguy, i had the same problem too... see here -> Alias broken if name contains dot...

but unfortunately, it slipped through the previous update...
why don't you post it at the bug-tracker, then mouser can respond to the problem...

perlguy:
good idea... was an odd bug, so I wasn't sure how to search for it in the forum.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version