ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Music player for FLAC files with multiple columns for albums?

<< < (2/5) > >>

skwire:
I placed the facets.dll in the root folder of foobar-HankFriedman (August 02, 2013, 10:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

Close foobar and put the facets.dll in your foobar/components folder.  Start foobar, and you should now be able to access the Facets interface from the Library > Facets menu.  Furthermore, you can integrate the Facets interface into the main UI as well.

HankFriedman:
Dear Skwire,

Thanks!

I was able to get Facets operational.

Unfortunately, even though it has a multiple columns feature, it doesn't allow wrap-around of artists, only multiple columns per pane.

So I'm still searching for a solution.

But thanks for getting me far enough along to find this out.

HankFriedman:
To make it clear, I want the list of artists to continue from one column to the next, in whatever music player can do this.

so far I haven't found any that can.

skwire:
I don't think you're going to find what you want because I don't think there is a way to do it properly in an interface.  Think about it.  At what point do your columns stop and start?  Are you saying that the visible height of a column determines the number of entries in a given column?  That is, no vertical scrollbars in any columns?  If so, what if the number of artists exceed the available space in the last column?  Where does the overflow go?  I'd think your only option would be to increase the number of entries per column by reducing the font size but, of course, you can only reduce it so far.

FWIW, I've NEVER seen what you're describing and I've tried scads of players over the years. 

HankFriedman:
Dear skwire

You fully understand the issues, and yes, there would have to be some mechanism for expanding the number of columns as the music collection expanded OR a different method of displaying the artists name, for instance:

What about a music player that had the play-stop-pause buttons on the top of the screen and left the rest of the screen for displaying artists (i.e. in a large space) with scroll bars for overflow.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version