topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 3:25 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Slower Planes And Charging For Bathrooms  (Read 13691 times)

crabby3

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Slower Planes And Charging For Bathrooms
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2014, 11:49 AM »
Now I didn't know that jet fuel and diesel were alike. Never too late to learn something new  :)

They both have that sweet smell of kerosene (yuk) but that's it.  Jet-A1 (commercial) or JP5 (military) are way too dry (less oil) to use in a diesel engine.
If you did... you would be replacing fuel pumps on a regular basis.  ;D

crabby3

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Slower Planes And Charging For Bathrooms
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2014, 01:11 PM »
yes, but the reality seems to be different - the Europens getting less than claimed, the US version getting much more - at least is was for the expample given last year (according to the links I gave). I have no idea why this was the case - doesnt make any sense to me, but there you go.

I'm skeptical of US mainstream media. It's legal in the US to lie in the news.

Also, any car can get better/worse mileage depending on a variety of factors.

But... you also have the problem of the manufacturers lying... There are no easy answers and finding out the truth is at best difficult.

It is also legal in the US to lie most anywhere else.  If you put a disclaimer in microscopic print on TV or in print it's legal.
If you nonchalantly say this new drug could actually kill you it's legal.  Is the US alone?  I don't think so.

Seems to be a lot more killer-drugs lately though.  Maybe it's the US way to fixing our ailing Social Security system?
By thinning the herd of baby-boomers getting set to retire?  Hopefully just coincidence or bad timing.