topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Saturday April 20, 2024, 6:27 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: US General Speaks at Black Hat 2013 - Heckled  (Read 1584 times)

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
US General Speaks at Black Hat 2013 - Heckled
« on: August 01, 2013, 08:02 PM »
I guess my only surprise at this story is that it's so tame:

http://news.cnet.com...stitution/?ttag=fbwp

Hackers to NSA chief: Read the Constitution

The head of the NSA faces a tough audience as he appeals to hackers and security professionals at Black Hat 2013 to help the U.S. government build better spying tools.

And despite trying to avoid the obvious by organizing prepared questions:

Alexander returned repeatedly to the question of how to balance security vs. civil liberties and privacy. But when it came time for the question-and-answer session, he faced more heckling and skepticism.

The questions had been prepared in advance via a questionnaire organized by Black Hat's new general manager, Trey Ford, who read the questions from the stage. But first, an audience member shouted out a question to the general.

"Why do so many countries want to attack us?" the person asked.
The general replied that America stands in the way of them reaching their objective, which is to force everybody to comply with sharia law.

"They want to attack us because we're bombing them!" shouted another person, to much chuckling from the audience.

But, it sounds like the general did a decent job of damage control. Well, as reported by CNET anyways.
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker