ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

SuperSpeed USB 10Gbps Specification Set and Ready for Development

<< < (2/3) > >>

ewemoa:
Have had rotten luck booting from USB 3 ports -- often doesn't work, when it does speed seems slow, etc.

I'd be much happier if the booting part would get fixed :)

Renegade:
Windows is nasty with USB. There are bugs where speeds crawl and the only way to fix it is to sacrifice several endangered chickens while chanting black magic in ancient Egyptian as you... etc. etc.

Try deleting the device in the device manager then rebooting. Idiotic? Yes. Does it work? Kind of. But you can try the chicken thing too. It probably works better.

Shades:
@ewemoa:
I have bought some new motherboards lately and I saw in the UEFI/BIOS part new options with regards to booting from USB. There were 3 options: disable / enable/ partially enable

I understand these options were build-in to make your computer boot faster. Apparently it takes too much time to check if devices are connected to USB ports...

Maybe it would be a good to take a look your UEFI/BIOS settings to see if you can improve USB handling during system startup.

ewemoa:
@Shades:

Thanks for the advice.   I will take another look at the UEFI/BIOS settings on a couple of the newer machines -- I didn't see anything the last few times I checked, but perhaps I'll be luckier this time around :)

Vurbal:
Windows is nasty with USB. There are bugs where speeds crawl and the only way to fix it is to sacrifice several endangered chickens while chanting black magic in ancient Egyptian as you... etc. etc.

Try deleting the device in the device manager then rebooting. Idiotic? Yes. Does it work? Kind of. But you can try the chicken thing too. It probably works better.
-Renegade (August 03, 2013, 07:20 AM)
--- End quote ---
And sometimes a port will simply stop working entirely until you reinstall Windows no matter what you do. But if you sacrifice the chickens first you'll have something to eat while you wait.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version