ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Can anybody recommend a free XML to PDF or RTF converter?

<< < (3/3)

Ath:
XSLT and FOP is useful for presenting (structured) data, generated elsewhere, not being produced/modified from a wordprocessor or something like it. So you're correct in selecting (LaTeX/Any document management system) for maintaining your docs.

f0dder:
XSLT and FOP is useful for presenting (structured) data, generated elsewhere, not being produced/modified from a wordprocessor or something like it. So you're correct in selecting (LaTeX/Any document management system) for maintaining your docs.-Ath (February 16, 2011, 04:34 AM)
--- End quote ---
I just don't really like the LaTeX syntax or the toolset (it doesn't feel "natural" on Windows), and DocBook sounds decent - but when I see it mentioned, it's almost always also involving xslt and fop :/

rjbull:
I'd be interested to know if anyone has tried Treeline.  Features list includes, amongst much else:
    * Stores almost any type of information, including plain text, HTML, numbers, dates, times, booleans, URLs, etc.
    * The tree structure helps keep things organized.
    * Each node can have several fields that form a mini-database.
    * Several node types, with different sets of fields, can be included in one file.
    * The node format, including fields, output lines and tree-view icon, can be defined for each node type.
[...]
    * TreeLine files are XML by default, but there are options for automatically compressing or encrypting the files.
[...]
    * File Import and Export The data can be exported to HTML.
    * An XSLT file can be exported to work with the XML TreeLine files.
    * Tab-delimited tables and tab-indented text files can be imported and exported. Plain text files and Treepad files can be imported.
    * Mozilla and XBEL format bookmark files can be imported and exported.
    * Generic XML files can be imported and exported, allowing TreeLine to function as a crude XML editor.
    * ODF text documents can be imported and exported as outlines.
    * Batch file conversions can be done from a command line interface.
--- End quote ---

marcopolo2:
mouser recently implemented a mod that allows the export of personal messages. Out of curiosity I tried it out. It works very nicely. The result is a large chunk of xml.

Does anybody know of a free solution to convert xml into, say, PDF or RTF or even just plain text?

Better yet a free application that would display the .xml in a manner similar to that in the forums...
-cranioscopical (February 15, 2011, 05:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Try  a program called Advanced XML Converter http://www.lisisoft.com/tools/xml-to-pdf.html, it is free but like all free products might be a bit limiting.

The first product on the list (see url above is called Liquid XML Studio, you can take a look at that one if you like but it's not free.

javacoder:
Try this XML to PDF converter, its a cloud based API that i am using and very satisfied with this tool.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version