ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Damn Hackers!

(1/4) > >>

CleverCat:
I'm still alive!

Had no International access for a week - my Router was hacked and before I realized (was off PC for 2 days - they had used up my monthly quota 5GB and most of my 500mb out of package at 20c per Mb  

Then they had the cheek to start using my 10GB of local only free data!

Now have more updated secure Router - more expense R500 -  

Only good news is: A friend heard my plight and immediately whipped out R100 - I have good friends bless them. and secondly I can now Access the net from my 2 Tablets without having PC on!  

What a week!!!

crabby3:
I'm still alive!

Had no International access for a week - my Router was hacked and before I realized (was off PC for 2 days - they had used up my monthly quota 5GB and most of my 500mb out of package at 20c per Mb 

Then they had the cheek to start using my 10GB of local only free data!

Now have more updated secure Router - more expense R500 - 

Only good news is: A friend heard my plight and immediately whipped out R100 - I have good friends bless them. and secondly I can now Access the net from my 2 Tablets without having PC on! 

What a week!!!

-CleverCat (August 01, 2013, 03:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

Bad things happen to good people, CleverCat, but sounds like you're better off now?

Don't understand a lot of what you listed but, I guess, you were wirelessly hacked?   :tellme:

Glad you're still alive.   :)

Curt:
-same reaction here; I was not sure what you told us, because I don't understand the wireless world. Bruised but okay?
 :up:

IainB:
How was your router hacked? I am keen to know. We might all be able to learn something from this.
For example, if you accessed it via cable or wifi, or both, and what strength security (IDs and passwords, AES/TKIP or whatever) you had in place, and what level of security was switched on in the router itself, had you changed the standard password for admin in the router?

x16wda:
To add on to IainB's questions, did you have remote administration enabled on the router?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version