ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Batch download lyrics for your mp3 songs in your library to the ID3 tag

(1/6) > >>

fatjoe:
Well basically some of ya's may or may not know that mp3 ID3 tag can store lyrics for songs too. I'm wondering if anyone can create a program that you specify a directory of mp3s and it reads each mp3 one by one getting the Artist & Title from ID3 tag and then searching a site/ a few sites like http://www.elyricsworld.com/ or various others and just downloading the lyrics for that song if any matches are found and yeah just adding that to the ID3 tag of the song.

Would be pretty cool cause then when you're playing your songs with programs like mediaplayer or winamp you can use a plugin / built in and view the lyrics of the song too.

Sure beats finding the lyrics for all the songs in your library one by one  :-\

mouser:
love the idea..
does it already exist i wonder?

i know that seedling has made recently an mp3 tool on this site(random mixtape maker), so maybe this is a good task for him if it doesn't exist already.

fatjoe:
yeah theres a program called Zortam MP3 Studio which has a feature where you can batch download lyrics. The problem is that the program is pretty useless cause it has I think only one lyric source which has a very limited supply of lyrics.

So yeah it'd be cool if someone did something similar to that prgoram but managed to implement maybe a few good lyric sites like elyricsworld.com which has something like 130,000 lyrics. Few of those sites and you'd have one hell of a program.

fatjoe:
willing to donate a few bling blings if that's what it'll take to get this done. Shouldn't be too hard to create

app103:
There is a plugin for Winamp that I have been using for years called Lyrc. It fetches the lyrics from the Lyrc database when the song starts playing...displays the page in the Now Playing window in Winamp 5 or the mini-browser in Winamp 2.

It's available for a few other players too...and open source.

Nice thing about this, is that it's a user built database. If they don't have the lyrics for something, you can do a google search, find them, and then submit them yourself right from within Winamp. The more people use it the better it gets.

Another nice thing about it is that it's not just limited to mp3...this will display lyrics for CD's you play too. It's all based on what you see in the playlist window for the track playing.

http://lyrc.com.ar

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version