ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: easy toggle between Priority to Programs / Background Services

<< < (2/2)

Curt:
Wow, Miles, you really are ahead! (sorry!!!) Even though I have 1024x768 I didn't even have to change the mouse-clicks! Thank You!!

Also interesting to learn a little about au3... I have never been in contact with autoit before, so I had to first surf for info.  ;)

----
"requests that have been implemented"  :up:

MilesAhead:
They have their similarities and differences.  From what I understand AHK branched off from AutoIt2.  AutoIt3 got away from the comma syntax. AutoIt3 syntax is more like basic or Rexx and it's just easier for me to figure out how to do what I want with it.  AHK makes doing mouse hotkey stuff easier so I tend to use it when that need arises.  I just wish I could mix them easily. I'd love to use some of my AutoIt3 dialogs and functions in AHK.  But that would be cheating!!

SleepingWolf:
Okay, I couldn't figure out how to jump to tabs using the keyboard-MilesAhead (December 18, 2009, 02:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Try using the keys Ctrl-Tab to jump from one tab to the next, with shift to go backwards if nec.

f0dder:
Most of the time it suits me fine to have Vista giving priority to the programs. But I have more than 6.000 images in a single folder, and to wait for Vista to refresh the thumbnails is a p@|n in the @$$. For this reason I would very much appreciate if it could be made easy to toggle between "Give priority to Programs" and "Give priority to Background Services". A simple AHK script.exe, maybe.-Curt (December 18, 2009, 10:38 AM)
--- End quote ---
Huh? :huh:

Changing that settings afaik only changes the timeslice threads get before another get scheduled... does that really matter wrt. loading image thumbnails?

(To do any benchmarking, you'd have to reboot the machine to exclude disk cache from the equation)

MilesAhead:
Okay, I couldn't figure out how to jump to tabs using the keyboard-MilesAhead (December 18, 2009, 02:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Try using the keys Ctrl-Tab to jump from one tab to the next, with shift to go backwards if nec.
-SleepingWolf (December 19, 2009, 06:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the info. I thought I tried all the permutations.  Guess I could have looked up the hotkey list.  But that would be cheating.  Besides, 1 mouse click did the trick.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version