topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 4:06 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Video File Thumbnails  (Read 3806 times)

skywalka

• Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Video File Thumbnails
« on: May 08, 2006, 10:04 AM »
I read on the internet that you can rename *.m2v files to *.mpg so that Windows creates thumbnails for them.

I use Real Alternative & QuickTime Alternative.  If I rename a *.mov file to *.avi or *.mpg Windows will now display a thumbnail for the file instead of an icon.  This means Windows can display these files as thumbnails.  How can I get Windows to display these filetypes as thumbnails without changing the extension?

The same goes with other picture filetypes.  You can rename them to *.jpg etc. or just install this: http://thumbview.sourceforge.net/

I've also posted this question on Thumbview's forum but maybe somebody here knows about it.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 12:44 AM by skywalka »

kimmchii

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Video File Thumbnails
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 10:43 PM »
thanks for this great info. :)

i use a batch file to rename all .mov and *.rm to *.RM.AVI when i switch to thumbnail mode, and rename back when i am back to details mode, not perfect but it works.

for .png, my default xp can view it in thumbnail, no need to install additional software.
If you find a good solution and become attached to it, the solution may become your next problem.
~Robert Anthony

skywalka

• Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 12:45 AM »
Oops.  Maybe I was thinking of *.pcx or something.  I've edited my original post.

masu

• Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 02:27 PM »
thanks for the softwarehint  :Thmbsup:
Find+Run Robot 2.90.01
Windows 7