ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Why the NSA Doesn’t Want You to Have a BlackBerry

<< < (2/2)

Renegade:
I'd love it if they could get it together and stop operating from the "How Not To Handle Disruptive Competition" playbook. I certainly have a lot of respect for their engineers. I still probably wouldn't buy a BlackBerry but more serious competition (2 players is not enough) is better for everyone in the long run. The problem is they keep blaming everything but themselves for their market failures. All the engineering in the world can't fix that.
-Vurbal (July 25, 2013, 10:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

+1

What I'd LOVE to see is a decoupling (or detripling as the case may be) of the hardware manufacturer + software manufacturer + carrier marriage/bigamy.

But the anti-competitiveness goes much, much deeper than just that.

superboyac:
I'd love it if they could get it together and stop operating from the "How Not To Handle Disruptive Competition" playbook. I certainly have a lot of respect for their engineers. I still probably wouldn't buy a BlackBerry but more serious competition (2 players is not enough) is better for everyone in the long run. The problem is they keep blaming everything but themselves for their market failures. All the engineering in the world can't fix that.
-Vurbal (July 25, 2013, 10:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

+1

What I'd LOVE to see is a decoupling (or detripling as the case may be) of the hardware manufacturer + software manufacturer + carrier marriage/bigamy.

But the anti-competitiveness goes much, much deeper than just that.
-Renegade (July 25, 2013, 10:23 AM)
--- End quote ---
+100000

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version