ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Is it appropriate to post a prospective page for opinions?

<< < (4/6) > >>

note-taker:
Imho, both mouser and Renegade have interesting take on features and usefulness. 
My take is very simple for consumer software: a piece of software must be useful (it has to reach certain threshold for its usefulness) and simplicity.

And I fully agree that most consumers don't think as we do (we're conditioned by logical thinking by our years-and-years of programming).

Thanks.

40hz:
^I can't speak for the "average user," having never met one even once in my life. But FWIW, I like seeing a fairly complete list of features when I'm shopping for software. Maybe not right up front when I browse to the landing page. But I definitely want to see a link that points to a complete feature list somewhere without having to look too hard for it.

The other thing I like to be able to find quickly is the asking price.

There are a lot of people who seem to think that putting off disclosing their price sheet until the last possible moment is a sharp sales strategy. It isn't. It's just annoying.

Renegade:
There are a lot of people who seem to think that putting off disclosing their price sheet until the last possible moment is a sharp sales strategy. It isn't. It's just annoying.
-40hz (July 21, 2013, 10:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

+1

My rule of thumb is that if there's no price on it, I can't afford it. Then I move one.

rgdot:
My thoughts

Current: Gradient with blue fading into white doesn't look appealing at all. The social icons are covering the logo, not a good idea.

Index5-2: If the red text is supposed to capture the attention fine but then text under them ("All your notes in one place, convenience + time saving", etc.) should also be a different color without having a different background color.

Index5: Probably my choice but the background of "No!" and "Yes" shouldn't be white and in my opinion should match the rest of the page background.

Ath:
My rule of thumb is that if there's no price on it, I can't afford it. Then I move on-Renegade (July 21, 2013, 01:10 PM)
--- End quote ---
+1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version