INfix is not impressive to look at, but it really is very capable and totally easy
-INfix: easy, capable, but expensive WordPad-like PDF editor
a great program that sadly has been neglected because (maybe) it has a poor name, a wrong price tag, and a boring look.
-Infix PDF Editor now at version 4
There are many things regarding Infix Pdf Editor that have not changed since I wrote the quoted text. It still has a poor name, a wrong price tag, and a old-fashioned look. But luckily it is also still a great program! - that by now has become even greater. http://www.iceni.com/http://www.bitsdujou...infix-pro-pdf-editor
I really like Infix Pdf Editor, and I am sad it hasn't grown more popular. In fact - no, of course I don't KNOW, I am GUESSING, so it's not "a fact" - Infix may
be struggling to even survive! On their old homepage some of the text has not been updated since version 3 was new, so it's quite outdated, and when I click "Check for update" inside my version 4 of the program it will tell about version 5, but not about the new version 6. Such "error" could maybe be caused by the fact that they have a new homepage, a new site, for version 6, and the old homepage does not tell about it. Weird behaviour that could be due to lack of maintenance - again, I DON'T KNOW. It makes me even more nervous to see Bits du Jour also is having a fixed discount (35% off) on Infix! Isn't that something that only happens to programs that are on their way out of Real Life?:
When you open the program for the first time, you will be asked if you want to use Pro, Standard, or Form Filling Mode:
I clicked "Pro", and was pleasantly surprised how fast Infix was ready to be used. My former complaints about slow launching time, has been dealt with; now it opens much faster than version 4 (I have never tested version 5).
What's new in version 6?
• Thumbnail view from which you can delete and re-arrange pages.
• Optical Character Recognition (OCR) for converting scanned documents into editable PDFs.
• Support for filling-in interactive forms plus saving, loading and printing.
• Redaction in various colours with labels.
• Floating Transform palette for making position, size, scale and rotation changes to selected objects.
• New translations tools for quick translation of specific parts of a document, rather than entire stories or pages.
• Image re-sampling, automated cropping and grey-scale conversion to reduce PDF file size.
• View, Comment & Edit modes to safeguard against accidental modification of documents.
• Importing PNG image with transparency.
• Font, text-size and colour are now retained when pasting text from another application into Infix.
• Find & Replace in bookmarks.
• Support for TrueType Font Collections
• User-define stamp annotations.
• Multiple user defined signatures - define any number of signatures for use when stamping scanned, hand-written signatures onto a documents.
• New Distribute Across & Down helps keep your layouts neat.
• Plus all the other features of Infix Professional: http://www.iceni.com/#advanced
I am clinging on to the list of new features, because just looking at the program will not tell about anything new; it still looks like a an old (but updated) version of Microsoft Wordpad - which seriously is what I love about this program! If you back in the days used to work with Wordpad you will instantly know how to use Infix! ♥ It is conservatively looking and modernly working, so to speak:
The open program has 3 interface options for you, easily reached in the bottom left corner:
1) viewing mode, no editing possible 2) annotate, no text editing 3) full editor.
Infix Pdf Editor version 6 is better than version 4, but I have never tested version 5, so I don't know if the "new features" are signs of life, or if Infix is dying. But measured "alone", I am very pleased with Infix Pdf Editor Pro version 6 - so much that I dare to recommend it if you are eligible to the upgrade price $59. If not, the full price at $159 sounds expensive. At Bits du Jour
the price is $103.35, but be aware
of the $15 "Extended Download Service" (click bin