ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Screenshot Captor and DCUpdater Problem

(1/2) > >>

J-Mac:
Hi Mouser!

I posted in the DCUpdater forum a week and a half ago but no one seems to look at that forum, so I figured I'd post the issue here.

Here's a link to that post: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=30528.msg330577#msg330577

DCUpdater stopped updating my DC apps a while ago - not sure exactly when it stopped. Apparently it was after one of the fairly recent SSC updates.  When it finally did appear on my screen with an update a couple of weeks ago, I noticed that there is a new setting for it right on the main screen: it says to only look for updates to Screenshot Captor with a checkbox next to it, and the checkbox is always selected. (I have deselected it several times but it is always checked again when I take a look.) When I first found it and deselected it DCUpdater found a slew of updates that I was missing!

Obviously this particular version of DCUpdater is coded somewhere to always check that box and thus only look for updates to SSC and nothing else. This is not a good thing since I have a lot of DC programs installed that had been using DCUpdater to retrieve updates. I did find another instance of DCUpdater installed but it seems that they never run anymore. Only the SSC-specific version runs at Windows startup, while the normal version used to start automatically. Did this crippled (IMO) version replace the normal version in the startup folder?

Anyway, I guess my real question is how do I get the normal version of DCUpdater to run and do away with this goofy SSC version? I say that with the presumption that the "normal" version will find updates to SSC along with the rest of my DC apps. True?

Oh, one other little issue: DCUpdater keeps reporting that there is a different version of the Easy Screencast program on the web but it shows an older version than what is already installed. I would post more details but I am posting this from an iPad and I will no doubt loose this entire post if I try to go back and look at my other post!

Thanks!

Jim

tomos:
DCUpdater stopped updating my DC apps a while ago - not sure exactly when it stopped. Apparently it was after one of the fairly recent SSC updates.  When it finally did appear on my screen with an update a couple of weeks ago, I noticed that there is a new setting for it right on the main screen: it says to only look for updates to Screenshot Captor with a checkbox next to it, and the checkbox is always selected. (I have deselected it several times but it is always checked again when I take a look.) When I first found it and deselected it DCUpdater found a slew of updates that I was missing!
-J-Mac (July 19, 2013, 12:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

if you start dcupdater from a particular programme it will only search for updates only for that app. AFAIK this has always been the case. So, I guess the question is how it appeared on your screen? :)
My experience (see link below) was that it had stopped working for at least a couple of months - I presume it's still broken, but dont know for sure...

DCUpdater stopped updating my DC apps a while ago - not sure exactly when it stopped.
-J-Mac (July 19, 2013, 12:16 PM)
--- End quote ---
related -
DCupdater no longer checking for updates (I think)

J-Mac:
Hi Tom.

if you start dcupdater from a particular programme it will only search for updates only for that app. AFAIK this has always been the case.

--- End quote ---

I don’t start dcupdater from any DC program; according to Process Explorer it is started directly from Chameleon Startup Manager.  (Which replaces my startup "folder") And Chameleon starts it from C:\Program Files (x86)\Dcupdater\

I checked the dcupdater.ini file and I can't find anything in there that appears to limit updates to SSC. But that is exactly what dcupdater is doing!

So end result is that I have to check my DC programs for updates manually. Kinda sucks to be tossed back to the days before dcupdater! Oh well... I guess mouser has other plans.

Thanks!

Jim

mouser:
I'm sorry that i've been delayed replying.. Just scrambling to catch up on stuff..

cmpm:
There is a folder here- C:\ProgramData\DonationCoder\DcUpdater on my computer. ProgramData is a hidden folder. The c\users\name\documents has the DonationCoder ini file though. Don't know if that helps any.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version