ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Feature Request Thread

<< < (5/9) > >>

cracksloth:
the minibrowser would *not* be used as a file manager replacement.  it is simply so that you can have quick access to files that you deal with everyday without having to launch a file manager.  it is not designed to compete with full-fledged file managers.  just like it is nice to have quick access to files on the desktop, it is helpful to have access to files in other locations and, if necessary, perform some quick file manipulations (launch, delete, rename, etc.).  all of these functions would be available from explorer's right-click context menu.

as for configuration files...  it would be necessary to have some general program options that are separate from the configuration files (such as aliases).  aliases should be kept in the general program options so that they apply to all configurations.  one of the original emails i sent broke down what type of features would be found in a config file and which features would be found in general program options.  it is a little outdated now but should still be helpful - originally, i wanted to combine folder based navigation into the existing results window but now i believe a minibrowser would be easier to implement, easier to understand by users, and would open up more applications of f&r.

-cracksloth

mouser:
just to keep everyone updated - i haven't started work on the new features of f&r - i'm still working on cheat sheeter, and i'm cogitating on all these ideas in preparation for a round of serious work on f&r.

mouser:
i'd like to hear suggestions for adding "commands" to F&R.

here is one way we could do it that would be really flexible.
we could have a tab called "Commands"
where you could specify a regular expression, and then a program (or script) to execute based on a match.

so for example you could do like this:

"go (www\.*)" -> "firefox.exe http://$1"

something like that, which would say, if user ever types anything like "go www.google.com" or "go www.amazong.com" it would load the page in the browser.

regular expression support would make it quite flexible i think, and not very difficult to implement.

any other ideas?

nudone:
good idea.

just wondering if you could implement it so that you wouldn't have to type in the www. and the .com bit?

in other words, it would behave like the address bar features found in browsers when you can simple type "google" and then hit 'ctrl+enter' and the www. and the .com are added automatically.

maybe an override feature would prevent the www. and the .com automatically being added, say, if you typed "go www.google.co.uk" instead of simply "go google".

how lazy am i?

mouser:
well this was my point about regex
you could easily customize it any way you wanted, right?

although it might be easier to add a special function to help correct urls.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version