ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Domain Name Registrars

(1/4) > >>

wraith808:
I have 12 domains registered with GoDaddy, and I want to switch to another registrar for a variety of reasons.

What's the best way (other than re-registering each as they expire) to transfer them wholesale to another registrar?

And can anyone recommend any other registrars?

Thanks!

mouser:
other than re-registering each as they expire
--- End quote ---
don't even think about that.

Armando:
>> What's the best way (other than re-registering each as they expire) to transfer them wholesale to another registrar?

Not sure what's the best way.

I can however tell you that I've been using Namecheap for the last 9 years without any pain. Lots of features, not too expensive, good customer service IMO... Your mileage may vary.

4wd:
Another vote for NameCheap, they had a special around Christmas where you could transfer your domains to them for ~$3 each, (IIRC), and they threw in an extra year of registration.

wraith808:
The four I'm currently looking at are namecheap, name, 1&1, pairnic and ghandi.  The major appeal of 1&1, pairnic, and ghandi is that even though their prices are a bit more, they include privacy, instead of you having to pay extra for it.

I do see that you just end up paying for a year's extension when transferring, and can transfer them in bulk- so that part of the equation is solved.  I've just only used network solutions and godaddy, so didn't know what was a good service.  Two of them are also nameservers, but other than that, I don't have any special requirements.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version