ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The iLectricChair: Woman Electrocuted To Death By Her Charging iPhone


From the uber-bizarre side of, well, bizarreness:

"Her neck had an obvious electronic injury," was the local Public Security Bureau's findings following the death of Ma Ailun, a 23-year old Chinese woman whose family alleges she was electrocuted by her iPhone. In its statement, Apple said: "We are deeply saddened to learn of this tragic incident and offer our condolences to the Ma family. We will fully investigate and cooperate with authorities in this matter." The case remains under investigation, with Chinese officials yet to provide details on whether her smartphone, the charger, or something else killed the woman; but, as the WSJ reports, The China Consumers’ Association in May warned about the dangers of a "flood" of uncertified power chargers on the market (in Chinese). In the release the association warned the chargers could turn a smartphone into a “pocket grenade” and cause explosions, electric shock, or fires in a variety of electronic devices.
--- End quote ---


It's official "news" out of China. :-\

I'm gonna reserve judgment on this one. ::)


  Well, I could comment on a cheap Chinese made product malfunctioning and how they're getting a taste of their own medicine, but that would be construed as bashing another country, so I just won't say anything.....   :P


[0] Message Index

Go to full version