ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Why you should avoid using social media

<< < (2/4) > >>

Stoic Joker:
Oh... Did I mention it's a wireless monitored alarm system...so it'll dial 911 for me ... That way I can concentrate on aiming.. ;)-Stoic Joker (July 18, 2013, 03:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's just too bad that it's the guys standing on the front porch that'll get the call.-4wd (July 18, 2013, 07:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

By that time it'll all be over. You ever hear the one about the guy that called in a robbery and was told it would take 2 hours, so he called in a shooting and they were there in seconds??

It ain't a joke.

When my old house got broke into...they showed up 2 hours after I called.

Shooting that happened next door...there in seconds.

My faith in them ... F'ing Zero. The alarm just keeps my homeowners insurance rate down.

Deozaan:
You ever hear the one about the guy that called in a robbery and was told it would take 2 hours, so he called in a shooting and they were there in seconds??
-Stoic Joker (July 18, 2013, 10:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

You mean this one?

Stoic Joker:
Yes, however while I'm unclear of the authenticity of ^that^ case...I'm quite sure of my own experience, as I was there at the time. ;)

4wd:
That's nice, but I was thinking more:

SJ:   "I'm at number 21, there's a gang breaking into my house!"
911: "We'll have officers there in seconds sir. Now, if you could please remain calm and lie do-"
SJ:   "Wait, did you say seconds?"

;)

Stoic Joker:
hehe, no ... That only happens on TV. Besides, by the time that call goes out I'll be sitting on the porch waiting for them.

So the timeline goes more like this:
Break in happens, alarm autodials.
Cops add it to the queue...for right after doughnuts.
Small dogs find intruders...making it easier for me to "greet them".
I place call requesting the coroner make a pickup..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version