ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

I'm sooo exhausted with the overhyping of everything.

<< < (3/3)

allen:
I consciously try to avoid to popular media to great degrees, and I'm STILL exhausted by hearing about all the nonsense, overhyped things going on in recent years.  Maybe it's always been this way, I don't know.
-superboyac (July 12, 2013, 09:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hype is here to stay. Quit overhyping it bro.  :P

superboyac:
And here I thought it was just an effect caused by the current generation's Short Attention Span Disorder that results in everything needing to be repeated ad infinitum.
-4wd (July 15, 2013, 01:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

There's been some serious research done on just that. Seems there's fairly clear indications that the acceptance of the 'myth of multitasking' has gone a large way towards training human brains to be more easily distracted and unable to focus.
-40hz (July 15, 2013, 09:28 AM)
--- End quote ---
In my younger, less cynical days when I was trying to master everything (and being quite successful at it), I remember how all the authority figures kept hinting not so subtly that perhaps I wasn't working hard enough (i.e. that i was lazy!?), or I wasn't able to multitask, or I was taking too long, or blah blah whatever.  And deep down I always knew that I'm absolutely at my best when I just hunker down and obsess about something and work on it.  Always fantastic results.  But I was obedient, so I tried to do it better; the multitasking shit, that is.  And all it did was turn everything into mediocrity.

So I've been studying some of these psychological things, and learning about experiments that have been conducted, really fascinating stuff.  And I see parents and authorities and what they are doing to kids, and it sickens me.  I'm talking about normal kids, not the wealthy ones, they get great loving treatment (of course). ok ok...

Deozaan:
And here I thought it was just an effect caused by the current generation's Short Attention Span Disorder that results in everything needing to be repeated ad infinitum.
-4wd (July 15, 2013, 01:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

tl;dr

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version