ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Adblock Plus Letting Ads By

<< < (3/7) > >>

mouser:
I would also call for a bit of respect from the other side.  The post was written with pejoratives (hopeless churl) in it also, which could have prompted the response, even if two wrongs don't make a right
--- End quote ---

fair enough -- i stand guilty of skimming Cobble's post and should have called him to task as well for not being respectful and arguably starting the insults.

on this forum we expect everyone to be treated with respect.

CobbleHillGuy:
I would also call for a bit of respect from the other side.  The post was written with pejoratives (hopeless churl) in it also, which could have prompted the response, even if two wrongs don't make a right
--- End quote ---

fair enough -- i stand guilty of skimming Cobble's post and should have called him to task as well for not being respectful and arguably starting the insults.

-mouser (July 09, 2013, 05:46 PM)
--- End quote ---
It is more than arguable that I started it. Still, I can't understand the attitude of entitlement that some users of free software seem to exhibit, not to mention the cynicism they appear to display with regard to the motives of someone who might come to the developer's defense.

app103:
We could take a lesson from the ad companies and pay to have the ads blocked. Choose a software with an actual business model that doesn't include accepting bribes from ad companies...perhaps Ad Muncher, which will work with any browser (without a plugin), any desktop RSS reader, any non-browser software that pulls in ad banners from an external source.

CobbleHillGuy:
We could take a lesson from the ad companies and pay to have the ads blocked. Choose a software with an actual business model that doesn't include accepting bribes from ad companies...perhaps Ad Muncher, which will work with any browser (without a plugin), any desktop RSS reader, any non-browser software that pulls in ad banners from an external source.
-app103 (July 09, 2013, 06:13 PM)
--- End quote ---
It's more than a little unfair, to characterize your remarks very leniently, to insinuate that the developer of Adblock Plus is taking bribes from ad companies. A bribe is something of value given to a person with the intention of inducing him to act contrary to his moral obligations or to refrain from acting in a way that he is morally obliged to act. Please explain to us how it can be justly suggested that the developer of Adblock Plus is accepting bribes.

Tinman57:
I would also call for a bit of respect from the other side.  The post was written with pejoratives (hopeless churl) in it also, which could have prompted the response, even if two wrongs don't make a right
--- End quote ---

-mouser (July 09, 2013, 05:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Except for when it comes to me, it seems......

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version