ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Adblock Plus Letting Ads By

(1/7) > >>

Tinman57:

Advertisers can pay AdBlock Plus to look the other way

07.08.2013 9:53 AM

Large companies like Google can pay the popular ad-blocking extension AdBlock to let their ads through.
--- End quote ---

http://www.techhive.com/article/2043847/advertisers-can-pay-adblock-plus-to-look-the-other-way.html

superboyac:
I know this is a stupid thing to say, but I'd like to see the day when lame things like ads don't generate so much revenue.

Tinman57:
I know this is a stupid thing to say, but I'd like to see the day when lame things like ads don't generate so much revenue. -superboyac (July 08, 2013, 07:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

Between over-saturation of ads, misleading ads and ad company spying, the ad industry has only ruined it for themselves.  They deserve anything negative as a result....

CobbleHillGuy:
It's hard to see how any user can reasonably complain. All the ads that Adblock Plus permits have to meet the criteria here, even the companies that pay. Moreover, if you don't want to see any ads, you can still block all of them, even the whitelisted ones, as explained here. Only someone who hasn't bothered to inform himself of the facts, or a hopeless churl, would complain that free software isn't made exactly as he would make it. Perhaps such people should rechannel all the energy they expend on expressing their unjustified pique into producing something that suits them. Or else perhaps they should just....

Tinman57:
It's hard to see how any user can reasonably complain. All the ads that Adblock Plus permits have to meet the criteria here, even the companies that pay. Moreover, if you don't want to see any ads, you can still block all of then, even the whitelisted ones, as explained here. Only someone who hasn't bothered to inform himself of the facts, or a hopeless churl, would complain that free software isn't made exactly as he would make it. Perhaps such people should rechannel all the energy they expend on expressing their unjustified pique into producing something that suits them. Or else perhaps they should just....
-CobbleHillGuy (July 09, 2013, 04:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

Spoken by a true adblock fanboy, ad company or adblock associate?  I find it hard to believe that anyone would make such a rant unless they have either personal association with the software, or are just trolling.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version