topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 1:25 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Run two instances of desktop coral?  (Read 7721 times)

FoxXII

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Run two instances of desktop coral?
« on: July 06, 2013, 08:43 AM »
Hi. I was wondering if this was possible. I have attempted to run a second copy and while it does seem to load without problem, it does not display anything to work with. I have opened the menu and turned off the transparency and nothing shows. I have also moved the original desktop coral location incase it was hiding underneath and it isn't. There seems to be no indication of a second area at all. Any help would be gratefully received.

TIA

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Run two instances of desktop coral?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 02:23 PM »
You should be able to run two instances IF you get the portable version and run the two copies from two different directories.
I believe there is at least one other post from someone who has done this.

ps.
I will move this to this DesktopCoral section of the forum.

poyan

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • DentalTrauma.info
    • Donate to Member
Re: Run two instances of desktop coral?
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 06:14 AM »
Confirm.
I run 3 DesktopCoral instances.
As mouser said: Make directories like "desktopcoral_top", "desktopcoral_bottom", put in each the portable version of dtc.
I also renamed the exe-file desktopcoral.exe in desktopcoral_top.exe, thereby you can recognize these in the taskmanager - and for selective closing by batch.
The only issue is that all instances show the same symbol in the tray, so you have to guess which symbol represents which instance (in case you use transparent mode you can only access dtc via tray symbols). But once set to your needs, it is rare that you would need access...