ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Coding Snacks

re-map capslock function

<< < (2/3) > >>

DyNama:
Probably what you're looking for hgondalf:

--- ---*$Capslock::
SetStoreCapslockMode,On
If !GetKeyState("Control","P"){
Send,{Shift down}
KeyWait,CapsLock
Send,{Shift up}
}else If GetKeyState("CapsLock","T")
SetCapsLockState,Off
else SetCapsLockState,On
return-AfterLemon (December 10, 2013, 09:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

I too remap the Capslock key. This works great, AfterLemon, except for one thing, which i find happens every time i attempt to remap this key on my win7 x64 laptop, that the first press of the remapped key takes windows' focus off the active window for a significant period of time, perhaps as much as 4 seconds, during which any keypresses are eaten. with your script running, i started typing, and kept typing while i held down the capslock key, the next 7 keystrokes were eaten. the point for me to remap the key is so clumsily pressing the wrong key doesn't stop me from continuing to type. can this be fixed?

AfterLemon:
I'm not sure if this is something to do with your Windows setup or your Laptop manufacturer's setup. If your laptop is an HP (likely) then you might have to look on their site (or contact them).

The script works perfectly for me.

TaoPhoenix:

Just a random comment - I just disabled mine. Most of my shifts tend to be pinky on right shift. So I'm happy to have a mis-hit of Caps Lock simply do nothing at all.

IainB:
As a possible solution to ALL CAPS accidents...
Tip - dispatching the CapsLock gremlin with Microsoft's remapkey.exe http://tips4laptopusers.blogspot.com/2008/08/dispatching-capslock-gremlin-with.html
It refers to the Microsoft remapkey.exe utility.
-IainB (August 24, 2008, 03:22 AM)
--- End quote ---
Other keyboard mapping fixes are useful, but redundant if you use remapkey.exe, which works fine in Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, and Win7-64 Home Premium.
-IainB (March 10, 2012, 03:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

DyNama:
It's a Dell with Intel graphics, and i think the focus goes off the active window for an On-Screen Notifier, a little lock on/off symbol that pops up in the lower right corner of the screen, for both Caps Lock and Num Lock. it stays on for 4 seconds, then vanishes, returning focus to the active window. i'm now searching for a way to turn that infernal thing off, but so far, it's controls have not been anywhere i'd expect it to be.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version