topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 7:29 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Dannon "fruit on the bottom" yogurt missing in Miami  (Read 7428 times)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Dannon "fruit on the bottom" yogurt missing in Miami
« on: July 03, 2013, 09:33 AM »
I noticed Publix stopped carrying Dannon "Fruit On The Bottom" Yogurt in favor of its own house brand.  The Publix offering is similar, but not the same.  Using Dannon's "store locator" with 33101 as zip code and 6 oz Strawberry Banana Fruit On The Bottom as product.. the results are nil at a radius of 80 miles.

Is nobody really selling it?  Strawberry Banana was always the most popular.  Seems like it out to be available someplace in and around Miami.

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Dannon "fruit on the bottom" yogurt missing in Miami
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 11:37 AM »
Well, I don't know about Miami, but all the supermarkets around here (in NJ) sell it, at least that flavor.

What I can't find anywhere is the boysenberry, which was always one of my favorites. I haven't been able to find that one for years. And even though it's listed as an available flavor on the product info page for Fruit on the Bottom,  their site doesn't even offer an option to locate a store that sells that flavor.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 12:24 PM »
To my taste the Publix version has too liquid a consistency.  Plus there's a bit of a tang to the white part that's not neutral to the stomach the way the Dannon is.  I like that thick white part on top.  It almost has the consistency of Crisco shortening.  It doesn't run when you tip the container.  In fact if my stomach is a bit upset, one strawberry and banana Dannon settles it right down.

Second to Strawberry Banana I like the Mixed Berry. I don' t think I ever tried the Boysenberry.  Although I did try Boysenberry Smucker's Jelly or Jam at some point in the past I believe.  Probably because of the Paul Simon lyric about "I'm a Citizens For Boysenberry Jam Fan."   8)

We should get this some Presidential attention.  Nevermind all that silly stuff like wars and the lousy economy!!  I mean, we can't get Dannon here!!!   :D
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 12:30 PM by MilesAhead »

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 12:47 PM »
Just bought some here in CT yesterday. There was plenty more of that (plus a half dozen other flavors) in the case at my local...

What I can't find anywhere is the boysenberry, which was always one of my favorites. I haven't been able to find that one for years.

+1. That was probably my all time fav - and it did go missing about two years ago now that I think about it. What's up with that? Blueberry is a poor substitute.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 12:54 PM »
Hmm, too bad I have no way to keep the stuff refrigerated.  Or I'd ask for a Care Package.   :)

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 02:20 PM »
It almost has the consistency of Crisco shortening.  It doesn't run when you tip the container.

I'd run when you tip the container! Who wants to drown in an avalanche of Crisco? I have enough trouble in my life already. Heck, I'm already an orphan... on both sides.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 03:43 PM »
It almost has the consistency of Crisco shortening.  It doesn't run when you tip the container.

I'd run when you tip the container! Who wants to drown in an avalanche of Crisco? I have enough trouble in my life already. Heck, I'm already an orphan... on both sides.

-cranioscopical (July 03, 2013, 02:20 PM)

With me it doesn't matter. I'm a fruit already on the bottom!! Or is it that my bottom is in Fruit Of The Loom?  Anyway I can get Strawberry Banana FOTB Dannon, but it's "Greek Style" which seems to be the new "thing" for all yogurt these days.  :)

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 03:48 PM »

With me it doesn't matter. I'm a fruit already on the bottom!! Or is it that my bottom is in Fruit Of The Loom?  Anyway I can get Strawberry Banana FOTB Dannon, but it's "Greek Style" which seems to be the new "thing" for all yogurt these days.  :)

+1

But I fear they are all abandoning their regular products and coming out with these new "Greek Style" products. Why? Because it's still just a container of yogurt and a little bit of fruit but they can apparently charge a whole lot more because it's "Greek". I don’t get it...  I just want the old "Fruit on the Bottom" Dannon!

Jim

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2013, 03:55 PM »

With me it doesn't matter. I'm a fruit already on the bottom!! Or is it that my bottom is in Fruit Of The Loom?  Anyway I can get Strawberry Banana FOTB Dannon, but it's "Greek Style" which seems to be the new "thing" for all yogurt these days.  :)

+1

But I fear they are all abandoning their regular products and coming out with these new "Greek Style" products. Why? Because it's still just a container of yogurt and a little bit of fruit but they can apparently charge a whole lot more because it's "Greek". I don't get it...  I just want the old "Fruit on the Bottom" Dannon!

Jim

I know how you feel. I just found "Miller" yogurt, made by Quaker.  They had an answer to Dannon called "Fruit Up" with the mouse fruit at the top and the white base underneath.  The raspberry was especially good.  After a couple of weeks, it's gone and now they have "corner" with supposedly more natural fruit you can dump into the white stuff.  But I like the Raspberry mouse.  It was smooth.  Also you didn't have to muck about with the packaging.  Just pull the lid off and dip your spoon in.  :)

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2013, 04:01 PM »

With me it doesn't matter. I'm a fruit already on the bottom!! Or is it that my bottom is in Fruit Of The Loom?  Anyway I can get Strawberry Banana FOTB Dannon, but it's "Greek Style" which seems to be the new "thing" for all yogurt these days.  :)

+1

But I fear they are all abandoning their regular products and coming out with these new "Greek Style" products. Why? Because it's still just a container of yogurt and a little bit of fruit but they can apparently charge a whole lot more because it's "Greek". I don't get it...  I just want the old "Fruit on the Bottom" Dannon!

Jim

I know how you feel. I just found "Miller" yogurt, made by Quaker.  They had an answer to Dannon called "Fruit Up" with the mouse fruit at the top and the white base underneath.  The raspberry was especially good.  After a couple of weeks, it's gone and now they have "corner" with supposedly more natural fruit you can dump into the white stuff.  But I like the Raspberry mouse.  It was smooth.  Also you didn't have to muck about with the packaging.  Just pull the lid off and dip your spoon in.  :)

Yogurt Tip of the Day - After mixing the fruit up in the yogurt, cover it back up with Press 'n Seal or similar and put it in the freezer. Eat it frozen... excellent!  (I was doing it without mixing it up first; till my daughter told me to mix it first...  :)  )

Jim