topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 8:46 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Essential Studio WinRT 100% Discount  (Read 3739 times)

ha14

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Essential Studio WinRT 100% Discount
« on: June 27, 2013, 10:19 AM »
Hi
For limited time only get Essential Studio WinRT for free.  Visit the promotional page add to cart then check out for free.

Essential Studio 2013 Volume 2 ships with more than 50 new controls and hundreds of new features and updates to all supported platforms including WinRT, WPF, Silverlight, Windows Forms, Windows Phone 7, Windows Phone 8, ASP.NET and ASP.NET MVC. Some of the key highlights include an ultra-fast DataGrid for WinRT, WPF and Silverlight; touch-optimized Scheduler control for WinRT, new Carousel control for Windows Forms, TreeMap for all XAML platforms including Windows Phone, Sparkline for all XAML platforms, new Barcode control for ASP.NET, Theme Composer for ASP.NET MVC, and much more.

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Essential Studio WinRT 100% Discount
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 11:38 AM »
Cool, grabbed a copy as I've been pondering the possibility of attempting a Metro app.

..So is this a standalone IDE, or an add-on for MSVS, or both?

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 11:42 AM »
Cool, grabbed a copy as I've been pondering the possibility of attempting a Metro app.

No, it's controls for use in  Visual Studio.  I evaluated for work, but we ended up not using it because of politics, even though I liked it and the company better than the alternative.

Don't waste my time evaluating if the choice has already been made, please...  :-\

Thanks for the heads up!

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 11:56 AM »

No, it's controls for use in  Visual Studio.  I evaluated for work, but we ended up not using it because of politics, even though I liked it and the company better than the alternative.

Cool, I can work with it either way, thanks.

On a side note: I just got paged with a call from them (which I sent to voice mail), and as I type this I see an Email coming in from them ... Zoiks! I hate being attacked directly after a transaction...give me a friggin minute FFS ... It's not like I clicked the 'Send new BFF' button. If I need help with something I'll call...answering the phone then will impress me. This is just annoying.

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 12:01 PM »
Oh yeah... I think I mentioned that before in one of the threads I posted about the book offers.  They're very aggressive, and I had to get very rude to get them off my back.  Thankfully, I used a google number... but still.