ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

taking screenshot WITHOUT saving to file

<< < (3/4) > >>

mouser:
An alternative strategy can be used for those who don't want lots of images being stored.

An alternative is to modify your settings so SC always saves the LAST capture, but overwrites previous ones.  That will give you only ever one single screenshot file.

You can do that by going to the File Naming Template options tab, changing the filename to something static, instead of something made with the date.  For example: MyLastScreenshot
And then UNCHECK the box under that that says to Auto Sequence New File Names.

TerryR:
Thanks, mouser,

That would also work for me.

Terry

WCarlS:
Does anyone know of a means of disabling the creation of the
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\DonationCoder\ScreenshotCaptor directory?

And the My Favorites storage folder creation?

Perhaps have the install routine ask if the user wants the ini file saved in the user folder or the program folder, similar to the way IrfanView works?

I don't save Screenshots, but when I do, rarely, I normally save them to the place they need to be and not to some catch-all storage dump.

At the very least, allow the user to delete the folder names from the settings and delete the previously created folders, AND stop SC from recreating them?

mouser:
You can change where the ini is stored by edited the ConfigDir.ini file.

You have to set a screenshot folder somewhere -- but once you change its location, it shouldn't recreate the "C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\DonationCoder\ScreenshotCaptor" one.

WCarlS:
Thanks; I appreciate the tip.

I do have one question, though.  You said "You have to set a screenshot folder somewhere . . .".

Why?

If the user does not want or need to store images in a pre-defined directory, why is this a "requirement"?

Is there some part of the underlying programming I'm missing that makes this so?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version