ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Knight to queen's bishop 3 - Snowden charged with espionage.

<< < (127/139) > >>

Stoic Joker:
Doesn't seem to have any meaning to make a statement that "...And we have done it.", knowing that it cannot be substantiated in any event. A marketing puff.-IainB (August 11, 2014, 12:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

They can't put it on a billboard, true. But as the saying goes "People Talk". And historically word of mouth has been a reliable form of advertising. So I'd file it under pay attention to the mummer on the street and see which way the rumors go.

wraith808:
Snowden: I Left the NSA Clues, But They Couldn’t Find Them

In a WIRED interview published today, the 31-year-old megaleaker has revealed that he planted hints on NSA networks that were intended to show which of its documents he’d smuggled out among the much larger set he accessed or could have accessed. Those hints, he says, were intended to make clear his role as a whistleblower rather than a foreign spy, and to allow the agency time to minimize the national security risks created by the documents’ public release.

The fact that NSA officials have told the press that his haul may have been as large as 1.7 million documents, says Snowden, is a sign that the agency has either purposely inflated the size of his leak or lacks the forensic skills to see the clues he left for its auditors. “I figured they would have a hard time,” Snowden tells WIRED, describing the agency’s attempts to reverse-engineer his leak. “I didn’t figure they would be completely incapable.”

--- End quote ---

Ouch.

wraith808:
A link to the Wired interview.

Renegade:
Snowden: I Left the NSA Clues, But They Couldn’t Find Them

Ouch.
-wraith808 (August 13, 2014, 07:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

When WIRED asked an NSA spokesperson to comment on Snowden’s new claims or its internal estimate of the size of his leak, spokesperson Vanee Vines responded with this statement: “If Mr. Snowden wants to discuss his activities, that conversation should be held with the U.S. Department of Justice. He needs to return to the United States to face the charges against him.”
--- End quote ---

BWAHAHAHAAHAHA~!

Umm, maybe he should come home to help prosecute the real criminals?

Bitch, STFU.

IainB:
...Umm, maybe he should come home to help prosecute the real criminals?...
-Renegade (August 13, 2014, 08:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

I was just reading this: Meet Some of the Americans Accused of Helping ISIS - Katie Pavlich, where it says:
...Further, another report today in the Washington Times shows intelligence information leaked and published by former NSA worker Edward Snowden helped ISIS get ahead. ...

--- End quote ---
- and there's more hearsay to that effect in the article.

Some people (not me, you understand) might say that, presumably to establish/demonstrate a media-based pre-trial "consensus" and witchhunt apropos of Snowden's guilt (before he's ever even brought to trial), that there is a legitimate conflation of Snowden's revelations and a vicarious responsibility for ISIS' progress, and may even include in that conflation Climate Change and the NSA leaving the doors wide open for Al Queda to crash two airplanes into the Twin Towers on 911, but I couldn't possibly comment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version