ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Knight to queen's bishop 3 - Snowden charged with espionage.

<< < (112/139) > >>

IainB:
U.S. announces first criminal charges against foreign country for cyberspying - The Washington Post

Interesting discussion here: Pot, Meet Kettle. « Samizdata

Renegade:
Here's a recent C-SPAN interview with Glenn Greenwald:

http://www.c-span.org/video/?319258-7/washington-journal-glenn-greenwald-edward-snowden

Stoic Joker:
Elsewhere in the leaks department:

USA Today’s William Cummings: “White House blows cover of CIA chief in Afghanistan” The White House accidentally blew the cover of the top CIA officer in Afghanistan Saturday, when his name and title were released in an e-mail sent to reporters who traveled with President Obama on his surprise visit to Bagram Air Field. The CIA officer’s identity was released as part of a list of U.S. officials who were attending a military briefing with Obama at Bagram, the Washington Post reported. The individual was identified as “Chief of Station,” a term used for the top spy in a country, according to the Post-ABC News
--- End quote ---

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/05/26/white-house-exposes-cia-chief/9586633/

I wonder if they'll be honest enough to prosecute themselves.. :-\

IainB:
@Renegade: Thanks for the CSPAN interview link (above).
@Stoic Joker: Maybe that leak was accidentally-on-purpose?

Renegade:
Elsewhere in the leaks department:

USA Today’s William Cummings: “White House blows cover of CIA chief in Afghanistan” The White House accidentally blew the cover of the top CIA officer in Afghanistan Saturday, when his name and title were released in an e-mail sent to reporters who traveled with President Obama on his surprise visit to Bagram Air Field. The CIA officer’s identity was released as part of a list of U.S. officials who were attending a military briefing with Obama at Bagram, the Washington Post reported. The individual was identified as “Chief of Station,” a term used for the top spy in a country, according to the Post-ABC News
--- End quote ---

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/05/26/white-house-exposes-cia-chief/9586633/

I wonder if they'll be honest enough to prosecute themselves.. :-\
-Stoic Joker (May 26, 2014, 09:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

Honest? Politicians prosecuted? BWAHAHAHHAHA~! ;D

However, in Iran a bankster was sentenced to death for a $2.6 BILLION fraud. Ironic how one can only view that sort of justice from afar. (I'm not in favour of CP, but seeing a bankster convicted of a crime is refreshing.)

Then there are more corrupt politicians/bureaucrats in China facing similar fates.

It's just bizarre. I don't typically think of Iran or China a being particularly "just" countries.

But it gets you thinking... If there is a God, then he is likely one of:

* Dr. Seuss
* Lewis Carroll
It was springtime in the Rockies
The snow was falling fast
A bare footed man with clogs on
Went slowly whizzing past

He went round a straight crooked corner
To see a dead donkey die
He pulled out a gun and stabbed him
And then began to cry.

I went to the pictures tomorrow
I took the front seat at the back
I fell from the floor to the ceiling
And broke the front bone in my back.

They took me to Cardiff Infirmary
And starved me with plenty to eat
They fed me plain cake with currants in.
And whipped me and tickled my feet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version