ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Knight to queen's bishop 3 - Snowden charged with espionage.

<< < (108/139) > >>

40hz:
^ So just think what it will be like if they ever find intelligent life on this planet.
-Vurbal (March 14, 2014, 10:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

"It would be the end of everything we know." as Marvin Minsky once said when asked what it would be like if television were actually good.

40hz:
Yes, but at least we'll know that when SETI shuts down...The Invasion is only months away ...
-Stoic Joker (March 14, 2014, 11:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Really? I don't think we'll have the chops to take on or invade an extraterrestrial civilization ever. ;) We're far too enthusiastic about shutting down scientific research and technical schools to ever develop such advanced capabilities. We're also more than content with patenting the obvious - and then fighting over it - to make any real advances.

Besides, the money is needed for far more important things, like giving every town in the USA with a population over 4000 their very own police tank, monitoring every scrap of digital communication - and storing it forever, and bailing out our corrupt financial institutions so they can still pay their criminal directors their annual bonuses...

I mean c'mon! As a people we need to set priorities. :-\

wraith808:
^ I think he meant the invasion as in the alien invasion of Earth. ;)

tomos:

http://chason.smbc-comics.com/?id=3277#comic

40hz:
^ I think he meant the invasion as in the alien invasion of Earth. ;)
-wraith808 (March 14, 2014, 04:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

I thought so too.

My comment was a lame attempt at making a snarky joke.  ;) ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version