ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Knight to queen's bishop 3 - Snowden charged with espionage.

<< < (51/139) > >>

wraith808:
I saw that a while ago- that's the reason that they don't classify him a 'whistleblower'  :-\

Stoic Joker:
I saw that a while ago- that's the reason that they don't classify him a 'whistleblower'  :-\
-wraith808 (July 27, 2013, 09:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

Exactly ... Whistleblowers are only supposed to report on all those other bad people..

TaoPhoenix:
Yeah. That statement seems a bit embarrassing at the very same time Obama's administration is threatening trade sanctions against anyone who grants asylum to Ed Snowden. Also... at the same time that we get to see how whistleblower Bradley Manning's "full access to courts and due process" will turn out. So far, it's been anything but reasonable, considering that the UN has already condemned Manning's treatment as "cruel and inhuman." And people wonder why Snowden left the country...
-40hz (July 27, 2013, 07:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

Heh. Yep. Though I didn't read the whole article a few posts above, that snip posted here said "we promise not to use the Death Penalty. So we're confident this takes care of concerns he has" or something.

Omit much? Skipping the cheap shot about "disappearing him", they'd just give him a Life Term while conveniently doing little things to upset him until his health cracks and he keels over.

And that part about Whistleblowers - isn't the very definition of that being someone exposing ugly things? But now we get to add the *other Orwell book* to our reading list (Animal Farm).

"Oh, we like Whistleblowers as long as it's something harmless. But Some Whistleblowers are More Protected Than Others."

TaoPhoenix:

Ya know, we might be closing in on a Johnny Mnemonic moment. Just suppose some version of all that Prism data gets out into the wild for real. "Everything everyone has ever clicked, ever". THAT might be the data nuclear winter that finally wakes people up!

:o  :'(

Tinman57:
ast I heard the SU37 wasn't even in production.  Either way, they're trying to play "catch-up" with the F22, F23 and the Joint Task Fighter, which not only have vectoring thrust, but are also stealthy.  The F35 JTF also comes in a V-STOL model that can take off and land like a helicopter.
-Tinman57 (July 26, 2013, 09:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

No... that was a reply to ren's talk about the most maneuverable Russian fighter.  But even going back, they're trying to catch up in terms of avionics more than anything else.  Which is what decides those things in most engagements these days.
-wraith808 (July 26, 2013, 10:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

OIC.  Sowwy....   :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version