ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Knight to queen's bishop 3 - Snowden charged with espionage.

<< < (29/139) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
It's certainly funny to hear obvious lies and hypocrisy from politicians, and then see them exposed for what they are. My wife and I have been laughing our butts off for a while now, and not infrequently hysterically so. :P :D
-Renegade (July 12, 2013, 10:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

(Parody of Distraction Tactics used here, and on Julian Assange)
"In other news, Renny is happily married to his wife! Where did you meet her?"

:P

Renegade:
(Parody of Distraction Tactics used here, and on Julian Assange)
"In other news, Renny is happily married to his wife! Where did you meet her?"
-TaoPhoenix (July 12, 2013, 11:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

In an NSA chatroom called "the Internet". :P :D

40hz:
the best chess players don't reveal checkmate in how ever many moves it will take
I'm guessing he has not made all his moves yet.
-cmpm (July 12, 2013, 10:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

I agree with you and "guarantee" he hasn't, because he just released a new tidbit of info a couple of days ago. But even if he just releases "tidbits", we're waiting for the big move from him *or someone influenced by him* that really changes the "prevailing mood of the time". (With a nod to the Gregory Brothers music group!)-TaoPhoenix (July 12, 2013, 10:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

Agree up to a point. But I also see some of his venues and communication channels are eroding. He's hardly being mentioned on the major news channels. And now the Guardian is only "quoting" from things he sent them rather than releasing them in raw format like they previously did. I'm guessing pressure has been brought to bear in the background.

really say we're only on some "move" 4-7 at this point, because chess has lots of little "obligatory actions" that comprise up sequences. But we really only have a couple of big picture themes. A, he released a bunch of stuff, B, he's jockeying for Asylum, and that's it.

--- End quote ---

Unfortunately, he was forced to state very early in the game that he had a fallback data dump he arranged to have go public if he were harmed or killed in order to forestall a possible assasination plan.

While it may have prevented that, it also seriously reduced his chances for asylum. Because if what he has gets released if he's caught or killed, why lock horns with a crazy superpower when you'll get to see it anyway once he is aprehended? Best bet is just to thunder and point fingers while doing nothing. That's a diplomatic strategy the EU has elevated to an art form...

Despite all the high falutin' speeches, at the end of the day, no nation is going to do anything for Snowden beyond giving him their moral support. I'm sure he'll take comfort knowing that they're "with him in spirit" while he's sitting in his 8X10 cell in a federal supermax 'isolation' unit and slowly going crazy. At least he'll have all those nice imaginary friends to talk to.  

Carol Haynes:
On the BBC Snowden meeting in Moscow with Human Rights Lawyers:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-23283684

cmpm:
On the BBC Snowden meeting in Moscow with Human Rights Lawyers:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-23283684
-Carol Haynes (July 12, 2013, 04:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

It takes a while to figure out all the moves available.
I play on chess.com which gives up to 14 days per move.

Looks like Russia is a suburb of the US in this new world order.
Can't even count on Russia being Russia anymore.

The US government are such cowardly weasels. With EU and Russia failing to be what an independent separate country should be.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version