ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Knight to queen's bishop 3 - Snowden charged with espionage.

<< < (8/139) > >>

wraith808:
An interesting article, and an interesting development.

Why Snowden asked visitors in Hong Kong to refrigerate their phones

Snowden’s Special Travel Document Is Real but Not Valid, Official in Ecuador Says

CWuestefeld:
I'm ashamed to say that Menendez, the guy trying to blackmail Ecuador, is my ass of a senator.

For the American people, this is also adding insult to injury. This punishment doesn't only hit the Ecuadorian people, it also hits Americans. Not only are we being spied on, but in the government's fight for its authority to spy, it's also now forbidding Americans from purchasing products that they want (or forcing us to pay higher prices).

Menendez either (a) doesn't understand economics well enough to understand that in trade both sides profit; or (b) really does view this as a war of the US government against the American people. Personally, I think it's likely that both are true.

I'll be writing him another letter, this time saying not only that isn't PRISM and other domestic spying unacceptable, but that the necessary remedy is, at a minimum, the repeal of USA PATRIOT and of the AUMF.

40hz:
I'll be writing him another letter, this time saying not only that isn't PRISM and other domestic spying unacceptable, but that the necessary remedy is, at a minimum, the repeal of USA PATRIOT and of the AUMF.
-CWuestefeld (June 27, 2013, 01:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Brother CWuestfeld 48 hours after the above letter was received:

(P.S. Sincerely hope the above is just a joke! :tellme:) ;)

Tinman57:

Funny how the U.S. used to harass Russia for spying on it's citizens and China for human rights issues.  Now it's the U.S. that's doing all of this.  What's the word for this?  Oh yeah, hypocrits....

tomos:
Strange he's staying so long in that airport... (that is if he is still there)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version