ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Knight to queen's bishop 3 - Snowden charged with espionage.

<< < (126/139) > >>

IainB:
"If we find anyone -- doesn't matter if it's hackers or governments -- involved in any of our customer environments anywhere in the world, we tell our customers, period," Chambers said[/b]. "And we do that in the U.S., in Europe and China and India. And we have done it."
-Stoic Joker (August 08, 2014, 02:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, right. Sounds great. So what? Proof to substantiate that statement? None so far, it seems. But wait...where did I put that proof...?
(Sound of crickets chirping.)

wraith808:
"If we find anyone -- doesn't matter if it's hackers or governments -- involved in any of our customer environments anywhere in the world, we tell our customers, period," Chambers said[/b]. "And we do that in the U.S., in Europe and China and India. And we have done it."
--- End quote ---

Yeah, right. Sounds great. So what? Proof to substantiate that statement? None so far, it seems. But wait...where did I put that proof...?
-IainB (August 10, 2014, 06:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's in the same place as that proof of WMDs...

Renegade:
-wraith808 (August 10, 2014, 12:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

Don't forget the leprechauns! :)

Stoic Joker:
--- End quote ---

-IainB (August 10, 2014, 06:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

-wraith808 (August 10, 2014, 12:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

No. The proof that the NSA et al are only gathering information on real terrorist threats is in the same place as the proof of WMDs. Especially when the DoHS has free time to get involved in a local BS drug bust. Now how do you recon they found out about that action... Hm...

Cisco is just doing damage control after a badly placed photo took a chunk out of their bottom line. Corporate whores tend to react badly when cash flow is impeded ... So I think it's a front worth watching. But expecting Cisco to just rattle off a list of clients that have been breached in some way, kind, sort, form, or fashion is a bit silly...as that would be even more bad exposure for all parties involved.

IainB:
But expecting Cisco to just rattle off a list of clients that have been breached in some way, kind, sort, form, or fashion is a bit silly...as that would be even more bad exposure for all parties involved.
-Stoic Joker (August 10, 2014, 12:33 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, of course. It goes without saying that we'll never know for sure whether they actually have any proof or not, because, of course they cannot state any of it, for security reasons.
There. You and I have said it anyway.

Doesn't seem to have any meaning to make a statement that "...And we have done it.", knowing that it cannot be substantiated in any event. A marketing puff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version